Our old friend Mr. Gaunt

Outspoken radio talk show host Jon Gaunt has been suspended for calling a Tory councillor a "Nazi" live on air.

Talksport's Gaunt accused Cllr Michael Stark of being “a Nazi” and “an ignorant pig” during a discussion about Redbridge council’s ban on smokers becoming foster parents.

Gaunt, who was in care as a child, launched his attack on Cllr Stark as he attempted to justify the decision explaining that childrens’ welfare should be put ahead of the needs of foster families.

Perhaps realising his error, Gaunt attempted to soften the blow by then calling Cllr Stark "a health Nazi".

Furious radio bosses forced Gaunt to make an on-air apology to Cllr Stark at the end of the show on Friday, and have since suspended him pending a full investigation.

Well, well, well. Three holes in the ground. Dug for and by one Mr. Gaunt.

Yet even a stopped clock is right twice a day... I defer to nobody in my loathing of Gaunty, but it does suck that kids are left in care homes rather than them have to experience the horror of a foster parent who might nip outside for a fag once in a while.

I see what you're saying, but "Nazi"? You've got to be careful calling anyone that, because the Nazis were something else in the world of authoritarianism.

My thesaurus offers the following under "authoritarian": dictatorial, despotic, tyrannical, draconian, oppressive...and 12 others, some of which are more hyperbolic than others. Why did he choose "Nazi"? Because he's an idiot. Good riddance.

In any case, the councillor at least put his name on a ballot paper some time in the past, which is more than can be said for rentamouth.

What better time than Remembrance week to throw the word 'Nazi' about? Because as everyone knows, people fought and died in World War 2 to defend the right to smoke. He really is a clown.

That's not the best taste I'll grant you. Nearly all of those that fought were raised by parents who smoked though, and themselves smoked despite having kids. It's a dangerous road to go down IMO, I think the term, "health fascist," would have been appropriate.

That's not the best taste I'll grant you. Nearly all of those that fought were raised by parents who smoked though, and themselves smoked despite having kids. It's a dangerous road to go down IMO, I think the term, "health fascist," would have been appropriate.

ManUre and :censored:ty being beat in the same weekend, then the perennial talker of all things bollocks and beyond has finally got what has been coming to him.....fire the loud mouthed, insensitive, dimwitted :censored: and never allow him back on air with any station.

Laugh too right!!