Doom and Gloom

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This brings us back to the point I made the other day about the danger of thinking that everything will remain the same forever and that clubs at our current level will somehow limp on as professional football clubs indefinitely.

All we need to ask ourselves is what will happen should we fail to achieve promotion sooner rather than later when, as many posters on here seem to agree, the TTA will not be able or willing to fund the club indefinitely. Particularly during conditions of economic crisis such as the one we are constantly told is almost upon us, would potential owners as wealthy and as committed as TTA be more likely to consider buying a club trying to hold its own in the second-tier and thus displaying a modicum of ambiton-or one which is languishing in the lower reaches of the division below, playing before paltry crowds and mired in debt?

Failure to get out of this division soon invites only inevitable further, and possibly terminal, decline.

I have to agree with you - the Club's future is in the hands of the management and players. How do we get them to achieve the target set by the owners and expected by the supporters?

To quote Mary Poppins:

Simoncorneywentballisticlaticswereatrocious.....................................

.........altogether now!

Hopefully we'll be putting the events of the last couple of weeks behind us as we go onwards and upwards, but here's a little song adaptation to record them for posterity.

Um diddle Liddell Liddell um diddle ay

Simoncorneywentballisticlaticswereatrocious!

Even though they’d been before also quite atrocious

What he said on Latics World

He sounded quite precocious

With Shez too sick to speak his mind

When he was very mad

Tommy gave Si’s nose a tweak and told him he was bad

But then one day Shez learned a word that saved his aching nose

The biggest word he’d ever heard and this is how it goes:

Oh, Simoncorneywentballisticlaticswereatrocious!

Even though the rarely wrong was also quite atrocious

When it was printed in the Chron

It sounded quite precocious

So when Latics are off the boil

There's no need for dismay

Just summon up this word and then you've got a lot to say

But better use it carefully or it may change your life

One night I said it to Hazell

And now Hazell’s my wife!

It’s Simoncorneywentballisticlaticswereatrocious!!

Yep, bigger fish to fry at the moment and nowt surprises me anymore, think our problems are footballing ones (ie the manager) rather than anything too major. Hopefully he'll have the bollocks to make the correct decisions come weekend. If not no doubt we'll all be back again next season on a reduced budget forever to tread water, will I be back? Probably, its my team innit! Eleven men kicking a ball round, much more important things out there in the world imo the certainly not life or death. Give or take 2 or three great seasons and the odd purple patch we've been :censored:e forever. If we're mid-table at Chrimble, Shez goes, he's had his chance give a new guy his chance in the window. (Personally i'd beg TP to take the job, so positive and hopefully not a ditherer) I wouldn't even let him (Shez) sign Byfield this week, he's signed enough players and is now scraping around for more. Work with what you've got.

ditto