Finally! [MERGE-O-MATIC]

I was thinking that ... someone could have spilled the beans on here earlier :rant.sml:

Yeah there were strong hints on the Oldham website.

It says he's not eligible to play in the Cup, not that he's not allowed. I assume it means therefore that he can't play against Cheltenham...which is correct because he wasn't a Latics player for the game at Whaddon Road. If we were to qualify then the club would presumably seek clearance to play him against Morecambe.

No he can't play in the Cheltenham game. I doubt that he will be cleared for the Morecambe game ifwe beat Cheltenham because if he were then this would mean he would not be able to play Doncaster in the FA cup. I think he is going back after the month.

Was this the Wolves game in the third round?

He was on loan until the start of January.

Loan ended before the first game against Wolves.

Signed a permanant contract after the first game, but before the replay.

Not eligable to play in the replay as he wasn't a Latics player for the first game.

Spot on! Although, I read somewhere that another team has brought a player in this week and that he was available for selection for a replay. Can't for the life of me think who it was, or where I read it. Will look back and see.

Here we go...this is it...not quite as I've put it above but the mere fact there are discussions about whether he can play in Hartlepools replay suggests the ruling has now been changed...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...ted/7726931.stm

* Unless he was with 'Pool in his 1st loan spell but just not selected in the matchday squad as Coventry refused permission for the 1st game...but now they're asking for it for the replay. Only other thing I can think of.

Edited by boundaryblue80

It says he's not eligible to play in the Cup, not that he's not allowed. I assume it means therefore that he can't play against Cheltenham...which is correct because he wasn't a Latics player for the game at Whaddon Road. If we were to qualify then the club would presumably seek clearance to play him against Morecambe.

It doesn't say not eligible to play in the Cup replay, so I assume that Donny have refused to let him be cup-tied, no matter how far we get in the competition.