Maher v Greegs

We all know how immense Gregan has been in the past, lately he's becoame a liability and hopefully he will sort his off-field problems and come back as the tower of strength and leader we know he can be. Today we needed a leader, Hughes decided to act like a spoilt kid, Kev Maher stepped up to the plate and was superb, involved in evrything good despite not leaving the centre-circle for most of the game, sod Allott give this guy the arm band and let him lead in Greegs absence, superb performance and our MOM by a mile!!!! Special mention for Stam and Rubes, gravy!

It shouldn't have taken this long for him to get into the team, when Danny W is fit we know what needs to be done, I hope shez does too.

yep agree, BUT Ratman looked far more comfortable alongside Maher so a ponter for away games perhaps, Danny Whit has to play at home though, when fit.

Often takes a while for a player to fit in to a new team, I'm sure Maher would have like to find his feet earlier but the team were doing pretty well earlier so I bet he is glad it has happened at all.

To his credit it appears he has been professional about it, if the rumours are true about others not being as professional it is a shame.

I don't think Allott and Maher, at home where teams will defend and play on the break, will work. Away from home though, it's exactly what we've needed. We've had our midfield walked right through in recent away games and the two of them linked well to stop that yesterday. But I'd probably be having Allott and Danny back in on Tuesday, saving Maher for another long trip south to...well...a club he'd love to put one over!