Southend this Saturday

There were signs at the Northampton game that we are slowly turning it around - the fron two of Byfield and Hughes supported by Taylor and Liddell will cause any team a problem.

I still believe that the next loanee should be a large centre back (Trotman to return?) but in the meantime we have to hope that the current pairing of Gregan and hazell can rediscover that solidity.

Southend away is a game we can win - I will be there with I guess 300 other believers from Oldham - a cheeky beer in the Blue Boar before the game and then an away win. Nice. :drinking:

There were signs at the Northampton game that we are slowly turning it around - the fron two of Byfield and Hughes supported by Taylor and Liddell will cause any team a problem.

I still believe that the next loanee should be a large centre back (Trotman to return?) but in the meantime we have to hope that the current pairing of Gregan and hazell can rediscover that solidity.

Southend away is a game we can win - I will be there with I guess 300 other believers from Oldham - a cheeky beer in the Blue Boar before the game and then an away win. Nice. :drinking:

301, Mark's bringing his flatmate.

Sadly, the wrong one :wink:

....in the meantime we have to hope that the current pairing of Gregan and hazell can rediscover that solidity.

Southend agree about this game being crucial.

http://www.southendunited.co.uk/page/NewsD...1460140,00.html

Hazell suspended after Saturday.

The Blue Boar does not allow away fans in. Try the Nelson - see other thread.

Southend agree about this game being crucial.

http://www.southendunited.co.uk/page/NewsD...1460140,00.html

Hazell suspended after Saturday.

The Blue Boar does not allow away fans in. Try the Nelson - see other thread.

WARNING: MERGE IMMINENT. THIS IS NOT A DRILL.

Edited by jsslatic

I still think that Lidds is a 60 minute man - still worth a start in my humble - and sadly I cannot see a better crosser of the ball coming through the reserves...

:lol:

You will have a good job spotting anyone with any ability coming through the reserves! That would involve them playing a game!

Stitch's tip of the day.....

A handy website for checking out those accumulator selections before placing the bet.

From said website...

Conversely, Oldham will be boosted by the return from suspension of joint top scorer Lee Hughes, while Darren Byfield is also in contention after missing out in the midweek cup defeat of Telford.

Ho Hoo! After that crushing defeat of Telford, and us still on the road to wembley - why the hell is everyone moaning!

Wouldnt bet my house on that sites advice...

In tonight's rarely wrong Chron it says there was a lengthy post-mortem in the dressing room after Tuesday night's defeat.

Shez said “Whether I’m right or wrong I always tell them what I’m thinking. That’s the way I am. We do it behind closed doors and hopefully it’s constructive, but basically some of them need to grow up quickly."

Smalley is out but Whittaker has travelled with the squad this afternoon.

Byfield and Hughes must start up front, we'll vut right through them. I predict 3-0 right now. We're gonna go on a winning streak.

If they we provide the right service going forward, we have enough options to beat Southend and Byfield's pace should create havoc. However, if we continue to pump long balls forward for the defenders to swallow, it could be another bleak afternoon.

Guest oa_exile
If they we provide the right service going forward, we have enough options to beat Southend and Byfield's pace should create havoc. However, if we continue to pump long balls forward for the defenders to swallow, it could be another bleak afternoon.

Agree, when we play football, keeping it on the deck we are a match for any team in this Div BUT when we "Hoooof" it we are a very poor ordinary side.

Agree, when we play football, keeping it on the deck we are a match for any team in this Div BUT when we "Hoooof" it we are a very poor ordinary side.

That's why everyone was so annoyed about Tuesday's performance - "a very poor ordinary side" was beaten by a better organised poor ordinary side

Guest oa_exile
That's why everyone was so annoyed about Tuesday's performance - "a very poor ordinary side" was beaten by a better organised poor ordinary side

It's not that that other teams are better organised it's that we dont have the patience. !

How many times this season (and last season) have we started off well , playing to OUR strengths and then reverted to a huffing and puffing and hoofing the ball up front when we have seemingly lost patience ? , this usually happens when we dont get that crucial "early goal" ...... the more the game stands at 0:0 the more frustrated we get.

It's not that that other teams are better organised it's that we dont have the patience. !

How many times this season (and last season) have we started off well , playing to OUR strengths and then reverted to a huffing and puffing and hoofing the ball up front when we have seemingly lost patience ? , this usually happens when we dont get that crucial "early goal" ...... the more the game stands at 0:0 the more frustrated we get.

Lost patience or been rumbled by the opposition, who reorganise and change tactics? We did that at Cheltenham to pull back the two goal deficit. The options to change things on Tuesday were limited due to absent personnel, which is another reason everyone was so annoyed.