Tonights team

Reading between the lines on the interview on Latics World with Shez, it looks like changes are going to be made tonight to get at Walsall from the start. I'm guessing He's looking mainly at the midfield. So here we go, I'm giving 2 teams that I think Shez will field depending on Smalley as I feel Whitaker will be in anyway.

Crossley

Lomax, Gregan, Stam, Jones

Smalley, Whitaker, Allott, Taylor

Hughes, Byfield

Crossley

Eardley Gregan, Stam, Jones

Liddell, Whitaker, Allott, Taylor

Hughes, Byfield

Personally, I would like to see the second team start tonight, but hey, I could be way off!

Shez's comment that some players are better away from home, coupled with the fact Whittaker appears to be available suggests Maher will be making way. Not that Maher's had much of a run home or away yet!

Gregan in for Hazell is a given so now that it's widely accepted that Taylor is the 'best left-ginger in the division' TM, the only other possible change is Smalley for Liddell. On the basis that we don't play again for 10 days, I'm plumping for Liddell.

Hang on, I've not re-tread the old Lomax / Eardley thread yet, so here goes - I think Eardley is a far more accomplished player than Lomax but I don't see any reason to swap them over just yet.

To summarise: -

Crossley

Lomax Gregan Stam Jones

Liddell Allott Whittaker Taylor

Hughes Byfield

Subs bench is anyone's guess but I would like to see O'Grady on there.

No keeper? Now that is a brave move :grin:

According to some on this board, thats what usually happens. It could be cunning tactics from Sheridan, as it may cut out some of the moaning from fans who usually bollock Crossley for every other thing and thus with nothing to moan at may actually cheer on the side. Smart move some may say

Guest sheridans_world
is Maher injured?

Dont think so?

I know Smalley is so he cant be included.

Hazell is obviously suspended.

Team:

Crossley,

Lomax, Gregan, Stam, Jones

Liddell, Allott, Maher, Taylor

Hughes, Byfield

Subs: Fleming, Eardley, Whitaker, O'Grady, Lee