Dirty Leeds in the Black

We all remember how master Bates placed dirty Leeds in administration with debts of £35m but eventually retained control for a third time without a CVA, with the penalty of the points deductions. All of that has proved to be worthwhile financially, because dirty LUFC has now announced a profit of £4.5m in the fourteen months up to 30th June.

http://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/football/45...arch.4736647.jp

"Leeds's coffers were boosted by compensation for managerial duo Dennis Wise and Gus Poyet as they left for Newcastle United and Tottenham, respectively.

The £1.5m sale of David Healy to Fulham headed a string of player exits ..."

so its £3 million after the healy transfer,and they would have got big wedges for poison dwarf and poyet going...

another £1.5 million?

"Leeds's coffers were boosted by compensation for managerial duo Dennis Wise and Gus Poyet as they left for Newcastle United and Tottenham, respectively.

The £1.5m sale of David Healy to Fulham headed a string of player exits ..."

so its £3 million after the healy transfer,and they would have got big wedges for poison dwarf and poyet going...

another £1.5 million?

They made just under a million before transfers are taken into account.

And yet they still owe the taxman £6.9 million I think if I was them I'd be at the door demanding more of my money back. Papa Smurf can make all the money he likes but if the season were to end now his beloved Leeds would still not even make the play-offs and have to spend another year in a League where they were going to remain unbeaten and walk by about 20 points.