Bambo Lita

I was in a meeting yesterday and the accountant was telling me how his son is currently in limbo as he is waiting to see if Latics sill offer him a contract.

We started talking about the youth team and he mentioned the lad Bambo Lita as a potential world beater??.. Has anyone seen him play??... He also mentioned that Tony Philliskirk thinks he isnt far away from a senior start.

He also mentioned that Man Ure are looking at him???

Cheers Lags, Ive not seen him play just going on from what was mentioned the conversation.

Bembo-Lita? Small, skilful, low centre of gravity and quick but no real end product. Tom Eaves now he's the one we should be keen to see progress.

Edited by oafcprozac

Guest oa_exile
I was in a meeting yesterday and the accountant was telling me how his son is currently in limbo as he is waiting to see if Latics sill offer him a contract.

We started talking about the youth team and he mentioned the lad Bambo Lita as a potential world beater??.. Has anyone seen him play??... He also mentioned that Tony Philliskirk thinks he isnt far away from a senior start.

He also mentioned that Man Ure are looking at him???

>>Bembo-Lita<<

Latics allowed him to go on trial at Man Utd towards the end of last season. I spoke to Tony Philliskirk at the time the trial was taking place and he said Latics were expecting an answer on whether or not Utd wanted to take him in the next few days. He said his guess was they'd come back saying they wanted him but they wouldn't be willing to do a deal that was acceptable to us in which case he said his advice to the board would be keep him. Anyway he's obviously still at Latics so whether Utd dropped their interest or we just refused to sell for what they were offering I don't know.

From what I've seen of him there's clearly some promise but not to the extent that I'd have expected Man Utd to have taken an interest. He's quick and good on the ball but has a tendency to look a bit lethargic and switch off, something I've seen Philliskirk get on to him about a few times.

He's only a first year apprentice yet anyway so there's plenty of time for him to develop.

Edited by M_OAFC

I spoke to Tony Philliskirk at the time the trial was taking place and he said Latics were expecting an answer on whether or not Utd wanted to take him in the next few days. He said his guess was they'd come back saying they wanted him but they wouldn't be willing to do a deal that was acceptable to us

Why does the name David Brown spring to mind?