Gregan and Fleming

The reason we got a point today. Quality wonderstrike by Allott, but these two were head and shoulders above the rest of the pack today with Reuben in the only one anywhere near them. Gregan was immense first half. Won everything. Fleming made some good stops - particularly one in the second half. Crossley isnt going to shift him and he's proving to be a massive coup.

Midfield was far too deep. Whittaker isnt a right mid. As for Lomax and Eardley. I do feel for the latter as it is our fans partly to blame why his confidence is so knocked but both got run ragged today. Lomax is absolutely clueless with a ball at his feet.

Byfield held the ball up well but did nothing else. He tried turning his man once or twice but forgot to take the ball with him. Hughes was average. He really should of put that chance away near the end. Anyone else and they'd of been slagged to death.

I said during the week that Davies has far more pace than Byfield. I think that run to chase the ball in the corner proves that point. Rapid. He was frustrated after 5 minutes of being on because the service upto him was so slow in coming.

Huddersfield were impressive. Very good going forward - particularly down the flanks, as our fullbacks got ragged all game. Luckily for us, they are lacking a bit of a clinical finisher infront of goal. Or we'd of ended up with nothing today.

Not a bad point. I'd of took it before the game. Though it would have been decent to put in a performance, rather than coming away how we managed to not get spanked. Can definately see why they're unbeaten and I wont be suprised when they're in the playoffs come May.

Cracking support. Particularly the twenty minute spell in the 2nd half with the great escape song. Was quite funny staring into their end to see so many "sh*t the f*ck up" expressions on faces.

KTF

The reason we got a point today. Quality wonderstrike by Allott, but these two were head and shoulders above the rest of the pack today with Reuben in the only one anywhere near them. Gregan was immense first half. Won everything. Fleming made some good stops - particularly one in the second half. Crossley isnt going to shift him and he's proving to be a massive coup.

Midfield was far too deep. Whittaker isnt a right mid. As for Lomax and Eardley. I do feel for the latter as it is our fans partly to blame why his confidence is so knocked but both got run ragged today. Lomax is absolutely clueless with a ball at his feet.

Byfield held the ball up well but did nothing else. He tried turning his man once or twice but forgot to take the ball with him. Hughes was average. He really should of put that chance away near the end. Anyone else and they'd of been slagged to death.

I said during the week that Davies has far more pace than Byfield. I think that run to chase the ball in the corner proves that point. Rapid. He was frustrated after 5 minutes of being on because the service upto him was so slow in coming.

Huddersfield were impressive. Very good going forward - particularly down the flanks, as our fullbacks got ragged all game. Luckily for us, they are lacking a bit of a clinical finisher infront of goal. Or we'd of ended up with nothing today.

Not a bad point. I'd of took it before the game. Though it would have been decent to put in a performance, rather than coming away how we managed to not get spanked. Can definately see why they're unbeaten and I wont be suprised when they're in the playoffs come May.

Cracking support. Particularly the twenty minute spell in the 2nd half with the great escape song. Was quite funny staring into their end to see so many "sh*t the f*ck up" expressions on faces.

KTF

Stayed in town for a couple of shandy's after the game. Talking to a couple of Huddersfield fans in the head of steam and they thought we were impressive today. Particularly Byfield. Its strange how other teams fans see us.

When you listen to our fans you would think we were dire today. But not if you listen to town fans. they think yes they had the pressure, but we were excellant defensively and we worried them on the break.

I'd have took a point this morning so I'd definately take a point tonight.

Cheers,

Harry

I resolve to be less pedantic on here in the New Year.

However, in the spirit of learning something every day on here, may I ask those of you to whom it applies, to stop typing "should of" when you mean "should've" which is the short form of "should have".

"Should of" has become commonplace when speaking too, even on the radio e.g. Ian Wright, but it is wrong - look at it, it doesn't make sense!

Putting apostrophes in the correct place woud be a bonus, but realistically if we can get rid of the "should of" error, it will make this message board worthwhile. Replace the red with tangerine or blue - you know it makes sense!! :D

Hughes was average. He really should of put that chance away near the end. Anyone else and they'd of been slagged to death.

Or we'd of ended up with nothing today. :disappointed:

Not a bad point. I'd of took it before the game. Though it would have been decent to put in a performance, rather than coming away how we managed to not get spanked.

I presume you slipped all these red ones in to wind me up Rocky, because obviously you know the correct way as shown in the green one. It worked a treat!

i'd say your pretty much spot on with that rocky. I really do worry when the fullbacks have the ball at their feet. its not just the fact that they give it away. it means that if the opposistion are half decent then we are usually put under pressue immediately.

still like has been said, a point isn't too bad a result since they are the form team at the moment.

Stayed in town for a couple of shandy's after the game. Talking to a couple of Huddersfield fans in the head of steam and they thought we were impressive today. Particularly Byfield. Its strange how other teams fans see us.

========

It is strange to hear other fans views and maybe we don't see what we should.

I spoke to a hudders fan after the game and he thought we dominated the first half and they did the second.

I thought we were outplayed and outmanouvered for 80% of the game ???

QUOTE (Rocky_Latic @ Jan 3 2009, 20:55 PM)

Hughes was average. He really should of put that chance away near the end. Anyone else and they'd of been slagged to death.

Or we'd of ended up with nothing today.

Not a bad point. I'd of took it before the game. Though it would have been decent to put in a performance, rather than coming away how we managed to not get spanked.

I presume you slipped all these red ones in to wind me up Rocky, because obviously you know the correct way as shown in the green one. It worked a treat!

and while we are in school marking mode, please try and use 'taken' rather than 'took' - 4 out of 10 must try harder :grin: