Landahn

jsslatic

Thinking of applying for my Masters at London (hopefully King's). Trying to price it all up etc...do any of you southerners know approximately how much student accomodation (not halls, of course) is in the area? I know it's a lot, but it's a case of how much 'a lot' is...I've heard anything from 450 a week to 450 a month.

Ta.

I think in general the East End is about the cheapest you'll get it in the Smoke. Obviously the further out you go the cheaper it tends to get.

For a shared house (Think, double room) I reckon you could get somewhere reasonable for around £300 a month. You're talking around £600 minimum for a 1 bed flat or maisonette.

But yeah, I would say the likes of Leeslover and Markoasis will be far more better qualified on this subject.

Definitely Mark would be the man to ask. The only proviso being that transport needs to be factored in, and he is a complete arse at getting from A to B. Your options are likely to be between paying through the nose to live somewhere very small and central or paying somewhat on transport to live a bit further out (Docklands slums most likely). If you aren't going to be over-burdened with compulsory hours at inconvenient times you can travel really cheaply, albeit a bit more slowly.

BiggFinn also used to work in that line in the private sector, might be worth giving a shout to.