No coach space left/is there a train to or near to Hereford?

Sorry if a similar thead mentions about any trains from Manchester to Hereford/near to on Saturday, but I'm in a sligth rush.

Basically, we were meant to book the coach two days ago, but cos I'm at Preston uni, we arranged for a mate to get them - sadly, he's been at work/college, and didn't get the time until today. There were no spaces left, with around 4/5 fans wanting to book places, but it doesn't seem as though a second coach will be provided (unless there's a sudden surge tomorrow).

So, has anyone booked any train tickets for Saturday from any near-by station (including Manchester)? If you could reply to this ASAP I'd appreciate it.

Cheers guys.

Beardy Bus if there's any room?!

Interesting. I think we'd be happy with that...

theres an 11.30 train from picadilly to hereford station. We booked ages ago and I think it was something like a fiver return, but i dont know about now.

Aye, I've just seen this actually.

EDIT: Ok, I didn't think it would be as easy to find trains to Hereford. There's quite a few, so we'll go down early Satruady morning and book the train. Cheers.

Edited by UpTheLatics

Interesting. I think we'd be happy with that...

Aye, I've just seen this actually.

EDIT: Ok, I didn't think it would be as easy to find trains to Hereford. There's quite a few, so we'll go down early Satruady morning and book the train. Cheers.

Avoid going to the station and buying on the day if you can.

I'm sure peanuts will confirm, but I am pretty sure that only standard fares are available on the day from the station, rather than being able to get an online deal.

Try looking for two single fares - it could work out cheaper.

Derek.

I don’t condone this but I know it works. :wink:

The train you get is the Cardiff central one from Manc Pic, If you buy a ticket from Manchester to Crewe and stay on you will be fine, they swap stewards and catering staff and dont start checking tickets until new people get on from the next stop and they only check theirs.

On the way back get one from Hereford to Crewe as the same rule applies.

tried and tested time and time again.

What?! That's a joke.

Is there any room of the Beary Bus, anyone know? What's the crack with that also?

I could've got a cheaper train, but paid more because I wanted to be on the same train as my mates. They got the same train tickets as me for £22-29. I booked 2 weeks later and the price had jumped up alot.

I imagine paying at the station on the day would be even more expensive

I could've got a cheaper train, but paid more because I wanted to be on the same train as my mates. They got the same train tickets as me for £22-29. I booked 2 weeks later and the price had jumped up alot.

I imagine paying at the station on the day would be even more expensive

Getting 8.06 from Shaw, Prendy?

Sorry if a similar thead mentions about any trains from Manchester to Hereford/near to on Saturday, but I'm in a sligth rush.

Basically, we were meant to book the coach two days ago, but cos I'm at Preston uni, we arranged for a mate to get them - sadly, he's been at work/college, and didn't get the time until today. There were no spaces left, with around 4/5 fans wanting to book places, but it doesn't seem as though a second coach will be provided (unless there's a sudden surge tomorrow).

So, has anyone booked any train tickets for Saturday from any near-by station (including Manchester)? If you could reply to this ASAP I'd appreciate it.

Cheers guys.

Just been to BP to book a coach ticket but none left.

Booked a train ticket online - raileasy.co.uk - leaving Picadilly 10.30 arrive Hereford 12.40, leave Hereford 17.55 arrive Picadilly 20.15. Total cost £40.42

It's crap how fans that actually want to go to the game, can't because the club refuses to provide adequate transport, no wonder we have so many stay away fans.

Doesn't really seem to have affected attendances at away games though.

Over the last few years people have moved away from the club coaches and used the Beardy Bus, mini buses, trains and car shares via here.

Doesn't really seem to have affected attendances at away games though.

Over the last few years people have moved away from the club coaches and used the Beardy Bus, mini buses, trains and car shares via here.

True, but not everyone goes on here, can afford the train fares, or can get lifts etc.

I remember a couple of seasons ago when they put that half-sized coach on. I bet there's about 12 or so fans who would've jumped on that. Not as expensive as a full-sized coach.

Avoid going to the station and buying on the day if you can.

I'm sure peanuts will confirm, but I am pretty sure that only standard fares are available on the day from the station, rather than being able to get an online deal.

Try looking for two single fares - it could work out cheaper.

Derek.

Too late for anything other than a cheap day return anyway. I was going to go by train but worked out it would cost more than my fuel so I'm driving (but not from Oldham, sorry...)

I don’t condone this but I know it works. :wink:

The train you get is the Cardiff central one from Manc Pic, If you buy a ticket from Manchester to Crewe and stay on you will be fine, they swap stewards and catering staff and dont start checking tickets until new people get on from the next stop and they only check theirs.

On the way back get one from Hereford to Crewe as the same rule applies.

tried and tested time and time again.

On my way to Swansea last year i had to change at Hereford jump on a coach they have those electronic gate things.