Back four on saturday

What are the chances of the back 4 on saturday being:-

Hazell (RB)

Golbourne (LB)

Gregan (CB)

Stam (CB)

Hope not. Hazell is much poorer than Lomax or Eardley in that position.

I'd have a wild stab at

Readinglad Gregan Hazell Lomax.

I'm a bit more worried that what happened in midfield may happen again, as they completely controlled the second half at their place.

Hope not. Hazell is much poorer than Lomax or Eardley in that position.

Yeah, and the same with Stam at left back. Whenever those players have played out of their natural position in the centre, they've never really filled me with confidence and should only be employed there when we're crippled by injuries.

As much as I'd like to see Lomax have a week or two out of the firing line, I think he'll be our best choice to replace Eardley. Looked strong there earlier in the season and kept Eardley out of the side for a few weeks too. New boy from Reading on the left and Hazell and Gregan in the middle.

Got a feeling Windass could announce his arrival in style on Saturday too.

My Stockport mate reckons Hughes always scores against you too. He's a bit of an anorak so I don't doubt him.

If Deano doesn't getcha, Hughesy will........

Just ask Hereford.

That might be right although I think we only came up against him a couple of time in our Championship days when he was at West Brom/Coventry. Windass...every time, every club he's played for. Always.

Fairly sure Hughes scored after about 15 seconds at Edgeley Park once.

I need to take my seat early!

It must be said, County's league position is extraordinary. With best player out (Dickinson) and nobody of substance in (Thompson, Baker) they have adapted remarkably well to playing at a higher level, despite lack of cash etc etc.

At their place they defended well and had a 5 man midfield that worked unbelievably hard. There is a lot that our midfield could learn.

It must be said, County's league position is extraordinary. With best player out (Dickinson) and nobody of substance in (Thompson, Baker) they have adapted remarkably well to playing at a higher level, despite lack of cash etc etc.

At their place they defended well and had a 5 man midfield that worked unbelievably hard. There is a lot that our midfield could learn.

The key to beating Oldham Athletic.

Yep, for West Brom in a 1-0 defeat.

We've had the ability to bring through our youth team lads and break them in gently. 3 or 4 of them are the heart of our team now.

TBH it's all about the formation with us, that's what makes us work. 4-3-2-1 and very fluid at that. You can almost take one out and plug another in and, as long as they know their role in the system, we wouldn't miss a heartbeat. For instance an 18yr old lad has just come into the side for the last two games and has looked as good as anyone else.

The epitome of what I'm saying can be shown from last Saturday against Southend. We didn't have a single first team forward available through injury. We only had a raw kid on the bench and played a right back come right winger up front in the '1'. We scored 3 and it could have been more.

Yep, for West Brom in a 1-0 defeat.

We've had the ability to bring through our youth team lads and break them in gently. 3 or 4 of them are the heart of our team now.

TBH it's all about the formation with us, that's what makes us work. 4-3-2-1 and very fluid at that. You can almost take one out and plug another in and, as long as they know their role in the system, we wouldn't miss a heartbeat. For instance an 18yr old lad has just come into the side for the last two games and has looked as good as anyone else.

The epitome of what I'm saying can be shown from last Saturday against Southend. We didn't have a single first team forward available through injury. We only had a raw kid on the bench and played a right back come right winger up front in the '1'. We scored 3 and it could have been more.

A full back up front.

:idea:

I have an idea for a different way to give Kelvin a break