Anyone got an iPhone?

Ackey

Hoping for some input....

More on the contract side of things as I have an iPod touch and know the phone's as good... I know the camera and sound quality can be a bit hit and miss but I'm willing to put up with that -- If there's anything significant about the actual phone let me know.

With the contract... has anyone been able to get movement from them on the amount you get for your money? I know you get unlimited data and access to a pretty decent WiFi network, but it seems a bit steep to be paying £45 a month just to get the 16gb one for a respectable price.

Also - if you take the more reasonable £35 a month contract, which I think I'd get value for money from have you been able to get them to shift on the cost of the handset/throw in a sack of freebies?

Thanks for any help,

Ack

I had one for 10 days buddy

DONT GET ONE !!

Calls Drops

Internet drops

Camer is poor only 2 meg

You cant recieve or send Picture MMS

Bluetooth only in SOME (very few) handsfree sets - You cant send people stuff

Screen damages very easy

Features are great but if you have an iTouch whick I think you do you dont need one !

I have a N96 very very good phone, some great feature and built to last !

I have a N96 very very good phone, some great feature and built to last !

What's that like for the Net mate?

I love my touch for the Net and to have that access from literally anywhere would be aces... I've carried my touch around the world, and never had a problem with the screen though.

What's that like for the Net mate?

I love my touch for the Net and to have that access from literally anywhere would be aces... I've carried my touch around the world, and never had a problem with the screen though.

The NET is almost has good as the Itouch

I say almost because I cant remember the NET freezing that often on my iTouch but on the iPhone it was doing it at least 5 times a day !

I think the iPhone has too much on the platform to be able to carry the NET service good enough

The NET is almost has good as the Itouch

I say almost because I cant remember the NET freezing that often on my iTouch but on the iPhone it was doing it at least 5 times a day !

I think the iPhone has too much on the platform to be able to carry the NET service good enough

Fair enough mate, thanks for the info....

with your iPhone - did O2 just let you swap it out after enough moaning? Or was it a nightmare?

Only I might give the iP a go and then ditch it if it's shocking.

Fair enough mate, thanks for the info....

with your iPhone - did O2 just let you swap it out after enough moaning? Or was it a nightmare?

Only I might give the iP a go and then ditch it if it's shocking.

If you do it by an upgrade to a contract you have to keep it

If you start a new contrcat you have 14 days to swap it, buying on line evokes stat rights etc

From what I was told by someone who works for O2 they had to do that due to loads of people swapping them

If you do it by an upgrade to a contract you have to keep it

If you start a new contrcat you have 14 days to swap it, buying on line evokes stat rights etc

From what I was told by someone who works for O2 they had to do that due to loads of people swapping them

Thanks matey!

Anyone else got something to say aside from Persermist-Rich? :lol:

I totally agree with Richie. He asked me for my input when he was after one, i told him to avoid it like Micheal Jackson in Mothercare with his hands down his pants. He didnt listen, he got rid as soon as he could.

There a nightmare. They have lots of good points, but more bad. Oh, and dont expect to bluetooth anything, its doesnt have it.

I totally agree with Richie. He asked me for my input when he was after one, i told him to avoid it like Micheal Jackson in Mothercare with his hands down his pants. He didnt listen, he got rid as soon as he could.

There a nightmare. They have lots of good points, but more bad. Oh, and dont expect to bluetooth anything, its doesnt have it.

Cheers mate.

I don't really use bluetooth, so I wouldn't miss that, but I'm more worried that £35 for the contract really isn't that great-a-value.

I have an Iphone, and it is one of the greatest decisions I have ever made in my life. I frigging Love it.

Simply my most valued possession... internet is awesome, and have had absolutely no problem with it, I wanted a quality Ipod with perfect internet, anywehere... and for those they are superb... not into 'proper phone geekery' so this has revolutionsed how I use a phone... including the maps - which if it wasnt for we would never have found the pub in hereford...!! As for problems with the phone, never had anything, and unless I am very mistaken the 3G version (which tbh is the only version you can get now) very much has bluetooth... otherwise my bluetooth headset is working by some heeby-geeby dark magic...

I may say that anyone here who is negative on here prob owned the original version and not the 3G - which sorted out most of the probs... I now have all my work stuff transferred to it instead of my PDA - why everyone in the world doesnt own one to me is a mystery... fools!

Also... are you already an O2 customer? If you are and want to upgrade, do it online. I went in a shop and they asked me for £100 for one... went online and got it totally gratis - on the £29 per month contract...

Awesome...

Edited by BigfinLatic