xbox ring of death?

Blue_Guru

Had my xbox 2 years now and i have just got the dreaded ring of death. It usually loads up and freezes after about 2 minutes of game time....Not sure what to do...?

Firstly....cry!

Then once the tears have subsided, ring Microsoft. A couple of my mates have had the same problem and they pick it up and repair it for you I think.

Dont worry, it shouldnt cost you a penny.

Talk about coincidence, mine came back yesterday from the repair centre for the exact same fault, one of my mates at work had the same thing the week before as did another mate of mine. The UPS guy who picked it up off me said it was the main part of his business these days as he seems to be constantly picking them up.

The fault is caused by the main board over heating, the board then bends in the corner and there is a mosfet which shorts out on the casing.

I went onto the XBOX website, registered my machine, booked it in for repair all on the 13th of Jan. It was delivered back yesterday but it was a brand new machine with a 1 month subscription to Xbox live gold membership for free.

You only get a 1 year warranty on xbox360 but the "ring of death" is guarenteed for 3 years.

Hope this helps matey, i was seriously lost without mine, i spent 5 hours on it last night once it was back banging away at my drum set on world tour, im much happier now. :grin:

Hope this helps matey, i was seriously lost without mine, i spent 5 hours on it last night once it was back banging away at my drum set on world tour, im much happier now. :grin:

You could have been doing that anyway.... just put the radio on really loud and smack them anyway!