Hughes Vs Windass

In light of the 'Hughes is off' type of threads of late I am going to put my own take on the situation.

Today was my first chance of seeing the 'lardy dirty bastard that everyone hates but would love in their team' playing in our sacred blue.

I can't believe how much I actually enjoyed watching him play compared to the frustration I garner from watching the head down approach of Lee Hughes.

Windass is an infintesimally better footballer than Hughes purely because he adheres to the basics. He is willing to lift his head up and play others that are in better positons into goalscoring opportunities. He sacrifices his own self glory and adulation for the good of the collective.

Of course, whilst we were having our 15 minutes of running riot in the first half he should have scored, Hughes is a head down within 20 yards player and :censored: everyone else.

For me Hughes can go, for nothing if it be that he doesn't want to sign his contract. If he wanted top stay the ink would have been dried already.

Give me a team player every day, some of his passing was sublime.

In my opinion TTA would be well advised to stop chasing around after LH and turn their sights upon a better footballer in Windass.

His up front play today was quality and long may it continue.

Derek.

In light of the 'Hughes is off' type of threads of late I am going to put my own take on the situation.

Today was my first chance of seeing the 'lardy dirty bastard that everyone hates but would love in their team' playing in our sacred blue.

I can't believe how much I actually enjoyed watching him play compared to the frustration I garner from watching the head down approach of Lee Hughes.

Windass is an infintesimally better footballer than Hughes purely because he adheres to the basics. He is willing to lift his head up and play others that are in better positons into goalscoring opportunities. He sacrifices his own self glory and adulation for the good of the collective.

Of course, whilst we were having our 15 minutes of running riot in the first half he should have scored, Hughes is a head down within 20 yards player and :censored: everyone else.

For me Hughes can go, for nothing if it be that he doesn't want to sign his contract. If he wanted top stay the ink would have been dried already.

In my opinion TTA would be well advised to stop chasing around after LH and turn their sights upon a better footballer in Windass.

Derek.

amazing derek amazing you should be editor of the mirror ..but dissagree on one point ..windass aint fit to lick mr hughses boots..perhap's four years ago

but not now...are we having a beer or three in the near future

Derek.

Yes windass's vision and touch was quality today but you need more. He needs to be fitter as he did no chasing and no tackling. With the right partner they could be devastating and I wanted to see Davies get the last half hour for the flick ons.

Before saying sod off hughes though I think they need more games together and you simply cannot critisise Hughes this season for his strike rate.

infinitesimally means close to zero, but I assume you didn't mean that.

Yes Windass is a better footballer and his display today was excellent, but I'd like to keep Hughes too and reckon he will score more goals and Windass will set more up

Edited by level42

Derek.

Get real pal............... Hughes has 15 now for the season. I guess you are one of the dicks who has moral issues. Keep them to yourself. Prat.

They are all ass kissing, happy clapping sycophants anyway. Do I care?

I say it as I see it.

Derek.

I take it you saw it last week at Hereford then? With 15 goals so far windass coming in has the potential to substantially increace that haul for hughes and also get Davies up and running

Get real pal............... Hughes has 15 now for the season. I guess you are one of the dicks who has moral issues. Keep them to yourself. Prat.

beg to differ here pal..but derek ain't and never will be a dick ok dick...read his posts and all he expresses is his opinions..lots wrong but more often than not right

Yes I do have moral issues, but they don't detract from my footballing perspective you knobcheese moron (the name calling is from the wife who is now giggling, but I can't say I disagree with her).

Derek.

I can't believe how much I actually enjoyed watching him (Windass) play compared to the frustration I garner from watching the head down approach of Lee Hughes.

Different types of player, who should actually be a perfect strike pairing.

A front man who's a bit greedy? Tend to be the best.

He's honoured the terms of his original contract. We'll find out next week what he really wants to do with the last 2 and a half seasons of his career.

I quite like having my cake and eating it. Creative link man and classy finisher works best for me.

Both is not beyond the realms of possibility. At least for the remainder of this season.

beg to differ here pal..but derek ain't and never will be a dick ok dick...read his posts and all he expresses is his opinions..lots wrong but more often than not right

AWWWWWWWWWWWWW I love you Walshy.

Suzy says we should have a beer soon with you both.

Derek.

Yes I do have moral issues, but they don't detract from my footballing perspective you knobcheese moron (the name calling is from the wife who is now giggling, but I can't say I disagree with her).

Derek.

Dont worry.................. stop kissing his attention seeking arse

"Don't argue with an idiot, he'll drag you down to his level and beat you on experience" Says it all you tvvat. Take you morale high ground and stick them up your arse. Pr1ck.

Various players have and will continue to be used as a stick to beat Hughes with. There will always be fans who for reasons they need to look inside themselves for who need to have a hate figure to rail against. Hughes is an easy target, especially for those amongst us who are entirely pure of character and without a stain on our own morality.

Various players have and will continue to be used as a stick to beat Hughes with. There will always be fans who for reasons they need to look inside themselves for who need to have a hate figure to rail against. Hughes is an easy target, especially for those amongst us who are entirely pure of character and without a stain on our own morality.

Nothing to do with using Windass as a stick LL. Getting on your moral high horse after too many shandies with me again LL?

Dont worry.................. stop kissing his attention seeking arse

"Don't argue with an idiot, he'll drag you down to his level and beat you on experience" Says it all you tvvat. Take you morale high ground and stick them up your arse. Pr1ck.

calm down calm down ....it's only opinions for god's sake all this prick arse etcetera etcetera what's that all about.......

chill it have a spliff come back in ten :grin: :grin: :grin:

Why does it have to be one or the other? They're a partnership...this isn't like the Lomax/Eards issue, where one should play and the other shouldn't...we have two quality, quality strikers...just because one contributes more than the other in a certain area doesn't mean that they can't both play

Hughes is a better finisher, Windass is probably a better link up player. Both can both finish and link up. Sounds like a pretty darn good partnership to me.

Nothing to do with using Windass as a stick LL. Getting on your moral high horse after too many shandies with me again LL?

You know full well I don't need shandies for that. I know you for what you are whether I am sober or drunk. All I am doing here is pointing out that yet again you are pursuing a hate campaign against someone you would be supporting if you didn't need to stand out from the crowd to raise some sort of personal profile for yourself once in a while. It was Taylor, but even you couldn't maintain that one once it became obvious to all but the most blinkered how good he is, so you have reverted to Hughes. It will be someone else when he has gone, and someone else after that.

Why does it have to be one or the other? They're a partnership...this isn't like the Lomax/Eards issue, where one should play and the other shouldn't...we have two quality, quality strikers...just because one contributes more than the other in a certain area doesn't mean that they can't both play

Hughes is a better finisher, Windass is probably a better link up player. Both can both finish and link up. Sounds like a pretty darn good partnership to me.

Well said mucker, I agree as would most normal supporters. Those comments aint about football. They are moral issues...........

I see Hughes and Windass as very different players. Windass is a quality footballer sitting in that space behind the front man bringing others into the play - a facet of his game I'll freely admit I knew nothing about and a true joy to behold. When a few of the other players tune into his wavelength he'll be even more effective.

Hughes, on the other hand, is an out and out forward. His positioning and use of space is better than any striker I've seen in an Oldham shirt for a very VERY long time. It is no coincidence that most of his goals are simple tap ins, or indeed that most times it's him there to take the chance. Definitely Championship standard and we're lucky to have him.

So, not a case of Hughes Vs Windass, but Hughes PLUS Windass for me.

You know full well I don't need shandies for that. I know you for what you are whether I am sober or drunk. All I am doing here is pointing out that yet again you are pursuing a hate campaign against someone you would be supporting if you didn't need to stand out from the crowd to raise some sort of personal profile for yourself once in a while. It was Taylor, but even you couldn't maintain that one once it became obvious to all but the most blinkered how good he is, so you have reverted to Hughes. It will be someone else when he has gone, and someone else after that.

ha ha ha ha ha lovin it ll lovin it..just like the good old day's on jk latics..you still darn croyden ll