Midfield powerhouse needed

dale stephens.

He is a midfielder, our midfield is not working, sensible thing to do would be to give him a shot.

But john sheridan is our manager.

therefore the midfield pairing to face swindon will be..........whittaker, allott.

Yes and Chris O'Grady is a striker too. Who can't cut it at this level. Yet. Patience is a virtue you know.

Disagree completely - think O'gradys been good whenever hes played.

and while we all carry on patiently, our team will continue to get :censored: around in midfield. And Dales never even been given a shot to be sure whether hes good enough or not

Agree FLH1993 - i though COG did really well in his couple of cameo's when he came back from Bury, & in all honestly didn't do alot wrong before his first loan spell. He's a big, burly, bustling hold up striker who is something completely different to all our other options up top. He needs to get into more threatning areas in the final 3rd to add goals to his list of attributes - but he has scored for other teams (& in pre-season) so i think that will come.

In a way i see what Shez is doing with him - sending him out to try & develop elsewhere as he isn't going to do that here with no 1st team action & no ressies games - BUT, all this talk of we need more strikers isn't true as we have one hell of a different option right here on our wages already, but Shez seems loath to utilise him.

I see COG having a future at L1 level, hopefully with us. His 10 min + cameos; specifically the one vs Brighton, show what he can do / could do reguarlly for us if used.

Having said all that, i think you can add COG to list of Maher / Lee / Stephens who must regret their moves to us this season - along with Lewis & Mental who aren't getting a sniff either.