What Shez has said about todays game

Some Players are a disgrace also SHEZ !!!!!!!!!

PLAYERS' EFFORT PLEASES BOSS

Posted on: Sat 31 Jan 2009

Manager John Sheridan was pleased with his side's effort against Swindon - and hit out at the boo boys.

Latics had the majority of the second-half possession but found Swindon keeper Peter Brezovan in inspired form between the sticks.

Lee Hughes, Danny Whitaker and Lewis Alessandra were all denied - the former on several occasions - as Danny Wilson's scrappers held out for a 0-0 draw and a point.

"I thought we deserved to win the game," said Sheridan, whose side will be in action again on Tuesday against Bristol Rovers.

Read more click below

The OS site ................

Link to similar topic

Some Players are a disgrace also SHEZ !!!!!!!!!

PLAYERS' EFFORT PLEASES BOSS

Posted on: Sat 31 Jan 2009

Manager John Sheridan was pleased with his side's effort against Swindon - and hit out at the boo boys.

Latics had the majority of the second-half possession but found Swindon keeper Peter Brezovan in inspired form between the sticks.

Lee Hughes, Danny Whitaker and Lewis Alessandra were all denied - the former on several occasions - as Danny Wilson's scrappers held out for a 0-0 draw and a point.

"I thought we deserved to win the game," said Sheridan, whose side will be in action again on Tuesday against Bristol Rovers.

Read more click below

The OS site ................

Some fans are a disgrace eh? them same fans who go week in week out for the last 30+ years, them fans who were at the club before Sheridan and them fans who will be there after Sheridan, you wanna start lookin closer to home Shez, sort out the football and the fans will sort themselves

Some fans are a disgrace eh? them same fans who go week in week out for the last 30+ years, them fans who were at the club before Sheridan and them fans who will be there after Sheridan, you wanna start lookin closer to home Shez, sort out the football and the fans will sort themselves

:applause1: :applause1: :applause1: :applause1: :applause1: :applause1: :applause1: :applause1: :applause1: :applause1: :applause1:

:scarf001::icon_peace::OASISscarf:

Post of the year j@cko :chubb::icon_peace::bblue2::bounce:(20+years :) )

Edited by SAV

Post of the year j@cko :chubb::icon_peace::bblue2::bounce:

cant fault you there jacko.

maybe he should come and sit with the fans and see what everybody really thinks of his team and his players efforts..

he most definately watches a different game to the majority of the fans.....if the fans were a disgrace what does that say about the players.

I cant and wont criticise the performance today as due to illness I was unable to go.

However, fully agree with wardlelatic and j@cko

Am starting to get sick of the same old "There will be changes I guarantee you that" only for him to go pick the same team

Ronnie Moore was widely criticised for having a 'jobs for the boys' policy. Does anyone know seriously what maher, lee and stephens are doing wrong in training??? In the two games lee played he was played out of position, and give a MOTM performance in one of them.

And his little rant at the fans today didnt help.

I can't believe Sheriden cannot see that for 75 minutes we complete cack. Second to the ball and no imagination or guile. The last 15 mins they got the chances and worked. 15 minutes is not good enough from professionals. Can't see my boss accepting crap all day with a bit of effort from 4pm onwards!!!

I cant and wont criticise the performance today as due to illness I was unable to go.

However, fully agree with wardlelatic and j@cko

Am starting to get sick of the same old "There will be changes I guarantee you that" only for him to go pick the same team

Ronnie Moore was widely criticised for having a 'jobs for the boys' policy. Does anyone know seriously what maher, lee and stephens are doing wrong in training??? In the two games lee played he was played out of position, and give a MOTM performance in one of them.

And his little rant at the fans today didnt help.

I wish people would stop putting words in his mouth. Where has he said after the game today that he's made changes? Where did he say it after Scunthorpe? He didn't. People are pretending Shez has said stuff and then working themselves up about their own little fantasies.

Some need to give up on this Stephens rubbish. The club said when they signed him that he was one for the future and wouldn't be rushed into the first team. If he's not ready, then he's not ready. He hasn't done anything wrong, but FFS, he's a kid, and clearly the management don't just want to throw him in there. Maher: well Allott is a shoe-in most weeks and rightfully so. Shez then makes his decision between Whits and Kev...but Kev's also had a fair crack of the whip this season. And for what it's worth...no, we don't know what Lee's doing wrong in training, but we don't know what he's doing right. Shez sees these guys every day...and if he thinks Lee's not doing the business in training, then IMO he's not doing the business in training. Unless you go to each training session and can tell me differently?

If he wants to have a go at the fans he's more than welcome to. Some of the comments on here have been absolutely ridiculous...we're 6th in the bloody league and have lost just 1 in 21 at BP. That's not a bad record...in fact there's 18 other teams in this division who would rather be where we are. If Shez is subjected to the abuse that he is on here in person from the idiots behind him in the Main Stand then let him. After all, he's only human...if they want to have a go at him because they've paid their money to then fine. But don't be surprised when a man fed up to the back teeth of being abused for managing a team, with a decent home record and occupying a playoff spot, snaps and gives it large back. You'd do the same.

I wish people would stop putting words in his mouth. Where has he said after the game today that he's made changes? Where did he say it after Scunthorpe? He didn't. People are pretending Shez has said stuff and then working themselves up about their own little fantasies.

Some need to give up on this Stephens rubbish. The club said when they signed him that he was one for the future and wouldn't be rushed into the first team. If he's not ready, then he's not ready. He hasn't done anything wrong, but FFS, he's a kid, and clearly the management don't just want to throw him in there. Maher: well Allott is a shoe-in most weeks and rightfully so. Shez then makes his decision between Whits and Kev...but Kev's also had a fair crack of the whip this season. And for what it's worth...no, we don't know what Lee's doing wrong in training, but we don't know what he's doing right. Shez sees these guys every day...and if he thinks Lee's not doing the business in training, then IMO he's not doing the business in training. Unless you go to each training session and can tell me differently?

If he wants to have a go at the fans he's more than welcome to. Some of the comments on here have been absolutely ridiculous...we're 6th in the bloody league and have lost just 1 in 21 at BP. That's not a bad record...in fact there's 18 other teams in this division who would rather be where we are. If Shez is subjected to the abuse that he is on here in person from the idiots behind him in the Main Stand then let him. After all, he's only human...if they want to have a go at him because they've paid their money to then fine. But don't be surprised when a man fed up to the back teeth of being abused for managing a team, with a decent home record and occupying a playoff spot, snaps and gives it large back. You'd do the same.

Good post, well said.

You not taking the missus out for a meal SHEZ!!!

how come stephens was a regular in burys team last season then??? maybe he is one for the future,but i think people would at the very least like to see him on the bench,or has he just dissapeared down a black hole....

why hasnt he been sent out on loan to get some experience like others have been.

lee certainly hasnt had a fair crack,and would love to see him in in place of whitts,how much longer can he just continue turning in crap performances week after week and still get picked...if its because of training he must be sensational,how come he cant do it in the team on matchdays then.

if shez wants to have a go back at fans thats upto him...but if he thinks fans are going to sit through crap game after crap game just because its shez and his playing history,then he must be very naive...

he says its only a few booing...should of come in the chaddy then,i would say a good few dozen had a right good boo at full time...also been said there was booing in the rre..so either hes wrong or everyone booing is wrong....

your defence of shez is honourable....and as a bloke i like him as well....just not as a manager who cant see the wood for the trees.

how come stephens was a regular in burys team last season then??? maybe he is one for the future,but i think people would at the very least like to see him on the bench,or has he just dissapeared down a black hole....

why hasnt he been sent out on loan to get some experience like others have been.

lee certainly hasnt had a fair crack,and would love to see him in in place of whitts,how much longer can he just continue turning in crap performances week after week and still get picked...if its because of training he must be sensational,how come he cant do it in the team on matchdays then.

if shez wants to have a go back at fans thats upto him...but if he thinks fans are going to sit through crap game after crap game just because its shez and his playing history,then he must be very naive...

he says its only a few booing...should of come in the chaddy then,i would say a good few dozen had a right good boo at full time...also been said there was booing in the rre..so either hes wrong or everyone booing is wrong....

your defence of shez is honourable....and as a bloke i like him as well....just not as a manager who cant see the wood for the trees.

Stephens was a regular? He played six league games and four cup games! Although I do agree that he should've been sent out on loan at some point.

Lee - maybe Whits is sensational in training, or perhaps Lee isn't.

The thing about booing is that it's a sound which can make it appear that more are booing than not. A boo is of course, louder than a clap, and is even louder than silence, which I think the majority react with. There are a lot disillusioned with the number of draws and the level of performance, but the castigation and the venom directed towards Shez is completely over the top.

Stephens was a regular? He played six league games and four cup games! Although I do agree that he should've been sent out on loan at some point.

Lee - maybe Whits is sensational in training, or perhaps Lee isn't.

The thing about booing is that it's a sound which can make it appear that more are booing than not. A boo is of course, louder than a clap, and is even louder than silence, which I think the majority react with. There are a lot disillusioned with the number of draws and the level of performance, but the castigation and the venom directed towards Shez is completely over the top.

so you didn't then!!

Shez is absolutely right. The only thing he's got wrong is that it's more than "just a couple". But by no means a majority.

Just cause shez isn't taking his missus out tonight,you can get a takeaway Tommy

Shez is absolutely right. The only thing he's got wrong is that it's more than "just a couple". But by no means a majority.

Can I ask why you think he is right? Do you think we performed well today. I thought we were again average at best. At the moment we can't keep hold of the ball for long periods, don't press teams when we don't have the ball, our passing is terrible and we don't seem to have any kind of game plan. Don't even start on corners, dead ball plays and throw ins. If you were to describe how we play to somebody who doesn't go, what would you say our style of football. Passing (No) Physical (No) Counter Attacking (No) Long Ball (No) what is he trying to do?

I'm curious because I can't see what Sheridan is trying to do with the team, you obviously see what it is so help me out. He has brought Windass in who has got a great touch and quick brain, but, and this is a big but, he hasn't got the legs for it anymore that is clear for all to see. He needs the ball in to his feet, but we haven't got anyone who can get it there. If the pass is two yards either side of him, he can't make it. This isn't something new, we've been poor at passing all season. So what is he thinking?

I don't think people were booing the players today they were booing Sheridan as he is getting it wrong big time. People can see it, but clearly he can't.

Shez is like a bad chef with a kitchen full of good ingredients. (The current squad is capable to gain promotion, if managed right)

We have so far been lucky that other teams have dropped silly points along the way

We have NOT performed for well over 2 months like a top 6 team

The faces of 2 directors today (Hardy and Hill) leaving their box said it all, Disappointment and frustration was clearly seen on their face

IMO shez has lost some of the dressing room, I cant say why I think this but looking at the argument Hughes had with Shez today, Eardley had a few weeks ago, Gregan has had a numerous times, Windass back chat to Shez also today, the O'Grady situation and something I have been told today by a person who works at the club. A few players are now questioning how Shez does things

Some players talk back to shez on the pitch during a game like I would do arguing with a mate or even people off her in the pub, thats not repect for your Boss! I would never dream of arguing infront of other stff with my boss.

The match day preparation for the team is lacking guidence, managment and leadership. !

Quote a play who is no-longer at the club "I wasnt one of the lads, I didnt get a chance"

Edited by Nickhenryslovechild

For a team with no style or game plan, we did pretty well to carve out enough chances to score 2 or 3 in the second half. Only luck and a superb performance from their keeper prevented a comfortable win.

I agree the Swindon keeper had a good game, The players today didnt play has a team, if they did, we would have scored at least 3 goals. The same could been said of the Scunny game on Tues night. Too many players playing for themsleves and not the team

For a forward its good to be greedy in front of goal, but when the team need the points and you have a clear chance of a goal if you pass and you dont that speaks volumes to me.

For a team with no style or game plan, we did pretty well to carve out enough chances to score 2 or 3 in the second half. Only luck and a superb performance from their keeper prevented a comfortable win.

So we should all be happy with carving out 2 or 3 chances at home? The save Fleming made was far better than any the Swindon keeper made. I thought Gregan and Hazell played brilliantly. Just going forward we're not very good and don't seem to have a style. I noticed you didn't answer the question though, how do you describe the way we play? It should be a simple question.

accordin to shez in his interview after one of lee,s games he said lee has to learn to play the oldham way?then in an interview after lee had been dropped he said we might have took care of the ball better if lee had been on,so whats he saying i don,t understand

So we should all be happy with carving out 2 or 3 chances at home? The save Fleming made was far better than any the Swindon keeper made. I thought Gregan and Hazell played brilliantly. Just going forward we're not very good and don't seem to have a style. I noticed you didn't answer the question though, how do you describe the way we play? It should be a simple question.

I didn't say we carved out 2 or 3 chances, I said we carved out enough chances to score 2 or 3 goals.

How do we play. We try to get the ball down and pass it, but guess what - in the hurly burly of a 3rd division football match, with 3rd division footballers, that isn't always possible. In truth it strikes me as somewhat naive to buttonhole any team into a particular style, especially at this level. As often as not, it varies depending on conditions, players, opposition and a good few other variables.

just got in...(ok...lots of decoys on the way home!)

reading the fissal site then th only the first post tonight got me thinking..

WHY DO I BOTHER?

i an't a booer..i'm not a hardline demander.

but that mr.sheridan,today was utter crap.

nice 15 mins at the end of attacking/panic football but after 38 years of mouse and nearly man turning up ,i'm pretty good at saying when we are :censored:e and ain't.

today i was bored.

the first half passed by like an lost '73 episode of crossroads...mmm ...what?

the second half only kicked in when the players realised they weren't winning and it was nearly time to meet mr. shez and a bollocking(or a beer??)after the game.

sick of it.

being a manager maybe one thing,but telling a supporter before you were even out of short kecks , is wrong ,and especially about the :censored:e we have had to see over the last 3 months racks up.

sort out the cart before blaming the road.

Edited by johnny punkster