One For Dean

Only 15/20 for me. :blush:

I blame the parents.

How very dare you!

A boy of fourteen thinks his father is so ignorant he can hardly stand to have the old man around. But when the boy reaches twenty-one, he is astonished at how much the old man has learned in seven years.

A child educated only at school is an uneducated child.

Education is a progressive discovery of our own ignorance.

The only real mistake is the one from which we learn nothing. Failure is instructive. The person who really thinks learns as much from his failures as from his successes.

Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination so to do.

Children have never been very good at listening to their elders, but they have never failed to imitate them.

You must learn day by day, year by year, to broaden your horizon. The more things you love, the more you are interested in, the more you enjoy, the more you are indignant about.

Study as if you were going to live forever; live as if you were going to die tomorrow.

Someone said once, or many times, that you learn something every day on OWTB.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:laught16:

You are indeed the first ... and it was entirely unintentional. Still, typos are different to spelling mistakes, right? :unsure:

And, dear Chaplain, you are indeed correct. It should strictly have been "fewer".

:getmecoat:

I like this game, other than the bit where I need to carefully scrutinize my posts in order to avoid getting caught out.

There are some well-trained pedants with sharp eyes around these parts. :)