Eardley

Quite clearly one of the better players at the club.

I hope that Eardley gets a chance to show how good a player he is (and that he takes it) - he has a wicked shot on him, one of the best strikers of the ball imho. All he needs is that mental discipline...I know, what about a sports psychologist? :getmecoat:

i have been and am an eardley basher, but he had his best game ever for us yesterday, one bad positional moment 1st half but after that really solid. Thats beacuse he kept it simple and thought about who to pass to instead of an aimless lump.

Q: Can he keep it up?.....

I just don't understand why 'fans' are so blase about the Eardley abuse - it's not on.

Constant abuse / maoning / booing of a Latics player is bang out of order at the best of times, but when its directed at one of our better players - i just can't fathom it.

I've said previously that i really rate Eardley & i believe he is more than capable of playing at ahigher level than this - he once again on sat demonstrated that there's not even an debate as to who should be our first choice right back - it's Eardley all day long.

I voted for him as MoM for the Leicester game; Windass will win it for his antics in net, but Eardley should get it for an outstanding display of modern full-back play; he was awesome in defence & class going forward; what more can you ask for in a young player??

Same again sat Neal - though you may hear the usual groans & boos that follow you from our 'fans' as we are back at the spiritual home of the moan that is BP.

I just don't understand why 'fans' are so blase about the Eardley abuse - it's not on.

Constant abuse / maoning / booing of a Latics player is bang out of order at the best of times, but when its directed at one of our better players - i just can't fathom it.

I've said previously that i really rate Eardley & i believe he is more than capable of playing at ahigher level than this - he once again on sat demonstrated that there's not even an debate as to who should be our first choice right back - it's Eardley all day long.

I voted for him as MoM for the Leicester game; Windass will win it for his antics in net, but Eardley should get it for an outstanding display of modern full-back play; he was awesome in defence & class going forward; what more can you ask for in a young player??

Same again sat Neal - though you may hear the usual groans & boos that follow you from our 'fans' as we are back at the spiritual home of the moan that is BP.

800 went on saturday for a good day out and hoping we got at least a point,each and everyone of them was behind the team.be totally different this saturday because we are at home,and being at home means the knobrots who cant be bothered going away games will have to have something to say to justify there visit to the game,even if we win.

what he needs is a bit of conviction and confidence and those who play in front of him to perform as well,and not leaving him isolated from time to time.

good time for him to show what he is capable of now,lomax is out the firing line and rightly so,but you just know the first stray pass will be greeted by groans and the usual shyte spouted again.

800 went on saturday for a good day out and hoping we got at least a point,each and everyone of them was behind the team.be totally different this saturday because we are at home,and being at home means the knobrots who cant be bothered going away games will have to have something to say to justify there visit to the game,even if we win.

what he needs is a bit of conviction and confidence and those who play in front of him to perform as well,and not leaving him isolated from time to time.

good time for him to show what he is capable of now,lomax is out the firing line and rightly so,but you just know the first stray pass will be greeted by groans and the usual shyte spouted again.

What he needs is someone to pass to, so that he doesnt have to constantly hoof it down the line because hes under pressure. Its this that people moan about, yet what can you do when your midfield pass you the ball then disappear and dont want it back, all he can do is stick it in the channel. How anyone can say Kelvin Lomax is better or even anywhere near the same standard is absolutely rubbish.

What he needs is someone to pass to, so that he doesnt have to constantly hoof it down the line because hes under pressure. Its this that people moan about, yet what can you do when your midfield pass you the ball then disappear and dont want it back, all he can do is stick it in the channel. How anyone can say Kelvin Lomax is better or even anywhere near the same standard is absolutely rubbish.

well depending on which formation shez goes for,taylor or smalley on left or right..there is your outlet.

but its no good if the outlet doesnt have the confidence to get past a man to the byline and either cross it in or cut it back...if they just give it straight back then its back to square one again.....and if the defender doesnt feel confident enough that its the right pass he will look to hump it up field to someone who can hold it or take a man on,thats why you get 60 or 70 yard cross field passes,fantastic when they come off,but make you look stupid when they dont.

Tell me, Ed, do you go to away games?

Because you criticise the people who don't go to away games in a previous post.

Which away games have you been this season?

i dont critiscise everybody who doesnt go to away games,just like i dont have a go at people who dont go to home games...

i was merely pointing out,that at most away games there is a siege mentallity,everybody has a good old drink and they usually outsing the home support for 90 mins,and back the team players manager etc...

yet at home games its where you get usually the people who cant be bothered going to away games having a go every time a pass goes astray etc etc.

away games...leeds and huddersfield,would prefer to go to more away games but havent got the money.

i dont critiscise everybody who doesnt go to away games,just like i dont have a go at people who dont go to home games...

i was merely pointing out,that at most away games there is a siege mentallity,everybody has a good old drink and they usually outsing the home support for 90 mins,and back the team players manager etc...

yet at home games its where you get usually the people who cant be bothered going to away games having a go every time a pass goes astray etc etc.

away games...leeds and huddersfield,would prefer to go to more away games but havent got the money.

I know people who have been to every away game and moan when a pass goes astray.

What do you expect? People to clap at a piss poor pass.

Maybe if the players performed better at home, fans wouldn't be on their back.

I know people who have been to every away game and moan when a pass goes astray. - Yes you do don't you Paddy

Maybe if you performed a bit better the owtb team might have a better record. :wink:

Cheers,

Harry

I know people who have been to every away game and moan when a pass goes astray.

no i dont expect people to clap a piss poor pass....or underachievment....yet some games the first touch gets the piss ripped out of.that cant be right.

and its not every player,if it was you could understand it...hughes makes the odd bum pass or a :censored: shot etc but gets his named shouted.

no i dont expect people to clap a piss poor pass....or underachievment....yet some games the first touch gets the piss ripped out of.that cant be right.

and its not every player,if it was you could understand it...hughes makes the odd bum pass or a :censored: shot etc but gets his named shouted.

I agree with you in that respect - some players can do no wrong (Hughes), whereas others are villified for the same things that Hughes gets his name sang for.

I'm consistent - I criticise them all :wink: