team for saturday

we have a nice selection poser this week for shez,virtually a fully fit squad to choose from,for what is going to be a hard game down at yeovil,they frustrated us up here and they are now 4 games unbeaten....and also just lost a decent manager...

so who would you pick for the job...

i would go with

budtz

glombourne-greegan-hazell-hines

taylor-maher-allott-smalley

windass-hughes

bench

flemming,whittacker,allessandra,eardley,jones

think with taylor and smalley on opposite wings both fullbacks like to push on a bit,and if smalley does what he did on saturday by helping hughes out we have a good chance of coming away with the win and 3 valuable points.

we have a nice selection poser this week for shez,virtually a fully fit squad to choose from,for what is going to be a hard game down at yeovil,they frustrated us up here and they are now 4 games unbeaten....and also just lost a decent manager...

so who would you pick for the job...

i would go with

budtz

glombourne-greegan-hazell-hines

taylor-maher-allott-smalley

windass-hughes

bench

flemming,whittacker,allessandra,eardley,jones

think with taylor and smalley on opposite wings both fullbacks like to push on a bit,and if smalley does what he did on saturday by helping hughes out we have a good chance of coming away with the win and 3 valuable points.

Why would you drop Fleming?

i prefer resting to dropping..simply because budyz is here on loan,and looked decent on his debut,nothing wrong with letting greg have a week off,he is here for the long term.

But Fleming is clearly the better keeper.

Rueben's signed a new contract. He's here for the long term. Rest him and give Stammy a game cos it's the nice thing to do I say.

Lidds might not be here next season. Stick him in the centre of midfield and drop Allott.

Resting Fleming is a bizarre suggestion.

Edited by opinions4u

But Fleming is clearly the better keeper.

Rueben's signed a new contract. He's here for the long term. Rest him and give Stammy a game cos it's the nice thing to do I say.

Lidds might not be here next season. Stick him in the centre of midfield and drop Allott.

I agree, no point in resting a player who has just had a weeks rest anyway. Fleming is clearly the better keeper, I was far from confident with Budtz to be honest and he hardly has a glowing reputation. Fleming must be straight back in, the defence know him much better than they do Budtz, it was lucky that Northampton were so poor really that the defence and Budtz didnt't really get tested.

i prefer resting to dropping..simply because budyz is here on loan,and looked decent on his debut,nothing wrong with letting greg have a week off,he is here for the long term.

Budtz did the basics right kind of.

His distribution was ok but what the feck was that attempt for their goal? That was really bad.

Will Glambourne still be here thought his loans ends tomorrow

im not for one moment saying flemming is not a good keeper....we have brought cover in as of his ban,but we dont know what the terms of the deal are....

shez may decide to see what else he can do after a proper weeks training,in a sort of trying before you buy type of thing,think he would be a good addition for next season with crossley more than likely hanging up his gloves and concentrating on coaching....

i take it the rest of the selection was ok then :blush: