A game of luck

Sack him In May When It's Cheaper

I can't fathom how being in a play-off position ALL season is 'limping along at any cost'. Nor can I fathom why Shez in/out polls are being started under the same circumstances.

Bizzare.

If we'd been in a Play Off place all season, there would be no need for a debate. Unfortunately there's 13 games remaining, we're 5th fair enough but have been clinging on to a top 6 spot for MONTHS! We have an inferior goal difference to Leeds, have played a game more and have to play them at BP next week, along with Millwall on Saturday. When failure becomes a reality over the next few weeks you can see why many of us are convinced that Shez will be sacked in May.

Cards on table

(1) Where do you think we will finish? I think between 8-10th

(2) Will Shez be our manager come August? I genuinely think not.

(3) How will I feel come the end of the season? Gutted, this season could have been so much more.

Edited by oafcprozac

If we'd been in a Play Off place all season, there would be no need for a debate. Unfortunately there's 13 games remaining, we're 5th fair enough but have been clinging on to a top 6 spot for MONTHS! We have an inferior goal difference to Leeds, have played a game more and have to play them at BP next week, along with Millwall on Saturday. When failure becomes a reality over the next few weeks you can see why many of us are convinced that Shez will be sacked in May.

Cards on table

(1) Where do you think we will finish? I think between 8-10th

(2) Will Shez be our manager come August? I genuinely think not.

(3) How will I feel come the end of the season? Gutted, this season could have been so much more.

To cling onto a top 6 spot requires top 6 form, and we can only judge Shez this season on the 33 games to date. 33 games that have been spent in the top 6.

1) 5th-6th

2) Yes, providing my first prediction is correct

3) I predict play-off failure, and will be gutted too that we blew auto these past couple of months.

They talk about fine lines and needing a bit of luck in football. The likes of missed sitters and hitting the woodwork are proving it to be the case for us this season, IMO. However in your opinion we should have a 100% faultless manager, like everybody else has. :unsure:

I'm a Rovers fan who was at the game last night and to a certain extent I agree with the original post on this thread.

The penalty was VERY generous and I think justice was done when it was saved but I thought Oldham deserved a goal lead at the break and were unlucky not to have it when Windass hit the bar. That said, I can't remember too many other near misses despite you dominating possession.

We - Rovers - we poor in the first half. Our passing was awful, we couldn't hold the ball up front and a couple of shots from range were about all we managed in the opening 45.

What happened at half time I don't know because both sides were unrecognisable after the break. Right from the kick off we should have taken the lead when our midfielder - Lines - was through on goal but he dragged his shot wide.

The goal came soon after and I thought Duffy was slightly fortunate because I'm pretty sure his shot would have been saved if it wasn't for the deflection. Having said that he did well to work the opening and it was a good ball through to him that created the chance.

The second goal is a free kick we've nearly scored from on a number of occasions and it was nice to see it finally come off. Obviously it was meant to go straight in from Lambert but if you create space to have a shot from 6 yards there is always the chance it will fall kindly.

Hughes had that one chance in the second half where he missed his kick but I can't actually remember our keeper having a save to make. If anything I thought we looked more like increasing our lead on the break. Lambert had 2 efforts from which he would often score.

I'm not quite sure what happened to you guys in the second half yesterday because I was impressed with you when you played us at our ground back in October - a draw would have been a fair result - and you were on top during the first half last night. I still think you'll finish in the top 6 and will have as much chance as any of the other teams in the play offs.

I don't know whether he's scored many lately but I thought Lee Hughes was poor last night. He looked really low on confidence and in need of a rest.

Good luck for the rest of the season.

I'm a Rovers fan who was at the game last night and to a certain extent I agree with the original post on this thread.

The penalty was VERY generous and I think justice was done when it was saved but I thought Oldham deserved a goal lead at the break and were unlucky not to have it when Windass hit the bar. That said, I can't remember too many other near misses despite you dominating possession.

We - Rovers - we poor in the first half. Our passing was awful, we couldn't hold the ball up front and a couple of shots from range were about all we managed in the opening 45.

What happened at half time I don't know because both sides were unrecognisable after the break. Right from the kick off we should have taken the lead when our midfielder - Lines - was through on goal but he dragged his shot wide.

The goal came soon after and I thought Duffy was slightly fortunate because I'm pretty sure his shot would have been saved if it wasn't for the deflection. Having said that he did well to work the opening and it was a good ball through to him that created the chance.

The second goal is a free kick we've nearly scored from on a number of occasions and it was nice to see it finally come off. Obviously it was meant to go straight in from Lambert but if you create space to have a shot from 6 yards there is always the chance it will fall kindly.

Hughes had that one chance in the second half where he missed his kick but I can't actually remember our keeper having a save to make. If anything I thought we looked more like increasing our lead on the break. Lambert had 2 efforts from which he would often score.

I'm not quite sure what happened to you guys in the second half yesterday because I was impressed with you when you played us at our ground back in October - a draw would have been a fair result - and you were on top during the first half last night. I still think you'll finish in the top 6 and will have as much chance as any of the other teams in the play offs.

I don't know whether he's scored many lately but I thought Lee Hughes was poor last night. He looked really low on confidence and in need of a rest.

Good luck for the rest of the season.

Now that is as accurate an assessment as you will find, except maybe the pen bit. :) For those who didn't go, read that.

Yeah read that. Their keeper didn't have a save to make in the second half. Thats despite the fact we're supposedly chasing promotion and at home against a poor mid-table side and are losing 2-0.

But of course we were just unlucky. If all 3 of our chances had gone in we would have won.

Yeah read that. Their keeper didn't have a save to make in the second half. Thats despite the fact we're supposedly chasing promotion and at home against a poor mid-table side and are losing 2-0.

But of course we were just unlucky. If all 3 of our chances had gone in we would have won.

Keyhole.jpg