Decided to wear by new green boots today whilst playing for Royton. I wanted to get them well and truly worn in for tomorrows game. I usually get hrough most games without any injuries but call it coincidence if you want but my first game in "special" boots and i ended up with a large lump on the side of my foot and a bruise the size of a small country on the top of my foot. I also ended up with a jocking bruise just below the knee where i got "caught by accident". Im struggling to walk tonight so i hope to god im ok for the game tomorrow night. And to add insult to injury, i broke my finger at 5-a-side this morning, but i after two games for 90 minutes football i promised Mark Allott i would turn up at his lads birthday party, i got there and within 5 minutes i was cornered by at least 15 kids who were stamping on my foot, grabbing my finger and basically knocking 7 shades of :censored:e out of my for a good 30 minutes. All in all a really crappy and painful day, lets just hope my luck changes tomorrow.

Lesson to be learnt....Green boots are the work of the devil, dont buy them. :disappointed:

Decided to wear by new green boots today whilst playing for Royton. I wanted to get them well and truly worn in for tomorrows game. I usually get hrough most games without any injuries but call it coincidence if you want but my first game in "special" boots and i ended up with a large lump on the side of my foot and a bruise the size of a small country on the top of my foot. I also ended up with a jocking bruise just below the knee where i got "caught by accident". Im struggling to walk tonight so i hope to god im ok for the game tomorrow night. And to add insult to injury, i broke my finger at 5-a-side this morning, but i after two games for 90 minutes football i promised Mark Allott i would turn up at his lads birthday party, i got there and within 5 minutes i was cornered by at least 15 kids who were stamping on my foot, grabbing my finger and basically knocking 7 shades of :censored:e out of my for a good 30 minutes. All in all a really crappy and painful day, lets just hope my luck changes tomorrow.

Lesson to be learnt....Green boots are the work of the devil, dont buy them. :disappointed:

Or if you do, make sure that you are young enough to still play competitive football without picking 'silly' injuries up as you have an important date with Sky TV and 4,000 pleasant whistling yorkshiremen the day after!! :grin:

Im wearing them tonight as there wont be much chance of someone jumping in two footed with studs showing at me whilst im walking round the pitch.

If Deano doesnt turn up though im having the pink puma ones for sure. :grin:

As we sang to Jones at Crewe...

GREEN BOOTS AND YOUR F***** Sh***

;-)

:lol:

I usually wear "stand out" boots anyway but these were different gravy. Ive deffinately learnt my lesson though.

I almost feel sorry for Ronaldo now ^_^

yeah that's the reason everyone hates ronaldo, cos of his boots :wink:

To be fair there were some good challenges, but the two that did the most damage to me were not good ones at all. It was a very physical game, there defender ended up with lots of claret down his face from a bad head injury, brave bugger just bandaged it up though and carried on. If that was me i would have fainted at the sight of my own blood.

The worst bit for me was that we were losing 2-0 when i came off with 10 minutes to go. I went to the car to get changed and we scored 2 goals when i wasnt looking. <_<

To be fair there were some good challenges, but the two that did the most damage to me were not good ones at all. It was a very physical game, there defender ended up with lots of claret down his face from a bad head injury, brave bugger just bandaged it up though and carried on. If that was me i would have fainted at the sight of my own blood.

The worst bit for me was that we were losing 2-0 when i came off with 10 minutes to go. I went to the car to get changed and we scored 2 goals when i wasnt looking. <_<

so obviously they were intended challenges as your team mates prolly said hey hes shyte,take him out for us..hahahah(j/k)

People who wear bright coloured boots are asking for trouble IMO. I know sunday league players who intentionally go in hard against people with boots like that.

was just going to say, if you played v my team in green boots, i would kick you aswell!!!