Liddells regular five minutes

The likes of Lee, Stephens, Alessandra etc. are also short of match fitness/sharpness but don't get the same opportunities but are more hungry (my opinion) for some involvement. I can see the above players leaving at the end of this season and the club giving another 12 months to Liddell.

Lee played well for a game at bottom of the league and less so for the following fixture. Was he hungry? More nervous to be honest. He also looked like a central midfielder to me.

How the hell would anybody know if Stephens was hungry or not? No idea. Thought he was a central midfielder too.

As for Alessandra? I've said for a long time that he should start in behind Hughes, but Shez has other ideas. I spose he's played in a World Cup and scored a winning goal in a Wembley final, so I have to accept his call on it (even if LA/LH is the best partnership we've had this season). As for Alessandra on the right wing, don't be silly.

Edited by opinions4u

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For the first 10 games or so i thought Liddell was worth his place in the team which suprised me because i seriously thought we had made a mistake in resigning him. since then he has done nothing which eventually cost him his place in the starting 11 and hasn't done anything coming on as a sub either in the games where he has been given a decent amount of time on the pitch.

As for the 5 minute cameos its mainly been to run the clock down but he hasn't really done it. i.e taking the ball into the corner.

My opinion is now we move on from lidds and look at younger players like Smalley and Lee and see what they can do. (and Smalley isn't doing badly at all at the moment.)

Guest sheridans_world
He did well today, arguably the best player on the pitch for us.

I agree, for the first half.

Didnt think he was the best in the second.

Just my opinion, as i said different people see the game in different ways .. no need to get your knickers in a twist big man. I could well ask you if your pissed, just because i disagree with your opinion. Grow up.

thats fair enough....everybody has there own view of the game..

one thing is for certain...i will get older,but not necessarily grow up....lol

you must be pissed or something.... seriously our best player first half???

Bar Greegs, easy. He worked hard, scrapped a little, got it on the deck and got a few moves started which although never came off weren't down to his mistakes. Also, he was the only player not 'hoofing'. He even surprised me with his 'pace' to make up after he gave it away cheaply. :lol::wink:

He did ok and got a few decent balls in second half too, more than Smalley has managed in the last two games anyway....

Good to see others recognising one of few respectable performances today.

Edited by Stitch_KTF