Liddells regular five minutes

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a ridiculous comment. It is not his choice not to be playing 90 minutes is it.

Still doesn't hide the fact that theres plenty ahead of him (or should be) in the pecking and seeing as he's probally heading into his last few months at the club.... just can't see why he's on the bench / comes on at the end of every game. Great servant to the club, but time to move on and give someone else the chance.

Why bring on someone with little pace left in his legs playing out wide ... hardly going to set the game alight.

:idea: Got it!!!!!! Brings him on after the FB as already done 85 minutes on the field and therefore it's a level playing field for Liddell !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Still doesn't hide the fact that theres plenty ahead of him (or should be) in the pecking and seeing as he's probally heading into his last few months at the club.... just can't see why he's on the bench / comes on at the end of every game. Great servant to the club, but time to move on and give someone else the chance.

Who should be in front of him in the pecking order on the right wing, other than Smalley, who has (rightly) been starting?

Who should be in front of him in the pecking order on the right wing, other than Smalley, who has (rightly) been starting?

Lee & Whitts , then if we're inclined to give the young 'uns a go Chris Rowney, Djeny Benba Leta.........oh, isn't Fabio a RW too; he's on loan so why have here if not to push for place.

Not trying to hound Lidds out of town or anything, but i think he should graciously step aside now as he is too old / slow / not contributing anymore to a promotion pushing side [game wise; believe him to be a good influence in training].

Stay this season in the background Lidds - help the kids in training - be pitch side with Crossley on match days - and thanks alot for your time here; but now really is the time to point your way to the sidelines.

Edited by slystallone

Andy Liddell is a great servant on a day when Dean Windass has shamed the club and Sean Gregan supposedly attacked Taylor I think it shameful to have a go at some one who has helped devlop alot of our young stars, he points because he a great reader of the game and his pointing has helped Eardley over the last couple of seasons.

Get off the backs of Sheridan and Liddell it makes us Oldham fans appear idiots when we criticise people who are gueinuly giving their best for the club.

Well said that man!

Well said that man!

i started a thread the other month "dear andy liddell" please hurry up and retire...and got crusified for it.

but like has been said,every dog has its day,and lids has had his..

he has been magnificent for the club in his time here,has put in some great shifts and some not so great,deserved his place in the team at the start of the season,but sadly now,and most probably due to distinct lack of reserve team,isnt fit as he should be,cant run as fast as he should do,and doesnt really do anything with the ball when he comes on.

monday night smalley came off lidds went on and there left back went past him for fun,was disheartening watching him try to keep up and eventually just stopped.

things like that in the last 10 mins of a game that your trying to close out will end up costing you eventually.

i really cant see that he gets on in front of lee,whittacker,stephenson or fabio to be honest,unless it is just the old pals act....

I agree. Whittaker or Stevenson should play before Lidds, it only makes sense with them struggling to perform or even catch in their own position. I also conclude this after learning the facts I mentioned earlier in thread are actually make believe, and so can only be ignored.

I wish people would get off Liddells back to be honest, I remember reading somewhere Smalley has picked up a lot from Liddell and Liddell is a great help to him, i hope this continues because there are still some quality attributes Liddell brings which Smalley doesnt do enough for me. 2 of which are hugging the touch line to give us more width, and the 2nd is getting regular quality balls into the box.

I agree. Whittaker or Stevenson should play before Lidds, it only makes sense with them struggling to perform or even catch in their own position. I also conclude this after learning the facts I mentioned earlier in thread are actually make believe, and so can only be ignored.

Who is stevenson?

I wish people would get off Liddells back to be honest, I remember reading somewhere Smalley has picked up a lot from Liddell and Liddell is a great help to him.

Agreed, thats what the training ground his for and he's hardly learning much from Liddell on the field as they simply don't play together for longer than 5 minutes if at all!! So I'm not sure what you point is regarding his playing time.

Nobody as given me a reason (other than past achievements) as to why he keeps getting 5/10 minutes each game and why this time is not given to Lee, Whitaker etc If your going to play him, play him not a cameo.

Is it for his bonus ? I can understand if Shez wants to keep someone of Liddells class amoungst the younger players as he can teach them a hell of a lot. His this Shez's way of keeping him happy to saty at Latics to help out ?

Who is stevenson?

Beats me.

Nobody as given me a reason (other than past achievements) as to why he keeps getting 5/10 minutes each game and why this time is not given to Lee, Whitaker etc If your going to play him, play him not a cameo.

I'll respond. :)

Because Shez thinks he might contribute more to winning the game? :unsure:

Any chance you could have a look at Stitch's 'Liddell 2008/09 facts' and return the favour?

Beats me.

I'll respond. :)

Because Shez thinks he might contribute more to winning the game? :unsure:

Any chance you could have a look at Stitch's 'Liddell 2008/09 facts' and return the favour?

can you just tell us exactly what he has actually brought and contributed to the team in the last 4 or 5 games....

other than coming on for a cameo appearance and putting us on the backfoot(in some games) and at this exact time of this season how he warrants a place on the bench in place of other players currently not getting a game....

its a given that his previous seasons have been good,he has given good service to this club and at the start of this season was still doing so,that isnt in question.

can you just tell us exactly what he has actually brought and contributed to the team in the last 4 or 5 games....

other than coming on for a cameo appearance and putting us on the backfoot(in some games) and at this exact time of this season how he warrants a place on the bench in place of other players currently not getting a game....

its a given that his previous seasons have been good,he has given good service to this club and at the start of this season was still doing so,that isnt in question.

Pretty much nothing, he has barely played.

Should Allessandra retire too?

This isn't exactly a new thing is it? I remember a few of us on JK saying the exact same thing about Shez and Eyresy when Shez was caretaker manager, Eyresy was on the bench for the entire game but would be brought on for the final few minutes, without fail.

I was saying this about Liddell.. 3 Years ago.... but hey, its just how I like my footbll played... at some sort of pace, I've said it in another post, Monday night was one of the most embarassing cameo's I have ever seen. Abysmal, truly :censored: ing abysmal. It was like watching you dad trying to dance with your little brothers girlfriend at a family event - an old man making himself look :censored: ing stupid.

I wish people would get off Liddells back to be honest, I remember reading somewhere Smalley has picked up a lot from Liddell and Liddell is a great help to him, i hope this continues because there are still some quality attributes Liddell brings which Smalley doesnt do enough for me. 2 of which are hugging the touch line to give us more width, and the 2nd is getting regular quality balls into the box.

You are honestly kidding me right? Honestly? I wish I could do an old Andy Gray monday night football diagram of where Lids ran in the last 11 odd minutes off the game on saturday. It would involve dawdling 10 yards behing the half way line and 10 yards infield... wandering up the pitch, oh and hold, freeze-frame, heres where the 'in the hole' predator spoons a shot at the corner flag from a great position... :censored: ing embarassing.

Hugging the touchline? 2 minutes before he got subbed Smalley has ripped the left back a new arsehole as he put a great run down the touchline... fantastic. Then to be replaced with that bilge. Quality balls into the box? where from - most of the time he was in his own half, and no sodding where near the ball.

He honesltly looks like he is now embarassed to be on the pitch, and genuinely craps himself when he gets the ball. I refer to his non-shooting at yeovil at the edge of the 6 yard box, and his two pathetic touches on the edge of leeds' box on monday.

:censored: ing awful. Nothing against him personally and i'm sure he could bring lots to the training pitch for the kids... however I hated his style of play 3 years ago... now I question if he can play at all.

I was saying this about Liddell.. 3 Years ago.... but hey, its just how I like my footbll played... at some sort of pace, I've said it in another post, Monday night was one of the most embarassing cameo's I have ever seen. Abysmal, truly :censored: ing abysmal. It was like watching you dad trying to dance with your little brothers girlfriend at a family event - an old man making himself look :censored: ing stupid.

You are honestly kidding me right? Honestly? I wish I could do an old Andy Gray monday night football diagram of where Lids ran in the last 11 odd minutes off the game on saturday. It would involve dawdling 10 yards behing the half way line and 10 yards infield... wandering up the pitch, oh and hold, freeze-frame, heres where the 'in the hole' predator spoons a shot at the corner flag from a great position... :censored: ing embarassing.

Hugging the touchline? 2 minutes before he got subbed Smalley has ripped the left back a new arsehole as he put a great run down the touchline... fantastic. Then to be replaced with that bilge. Quality balls into the box? where from - most of the time he was in his own half, and no sodding where near the ball.

He honesltly looks like he is now embarassed to be on the pitch, and genuinely craps himself when he gets the ball. I refer to his non-shooting at yeovil at the edge of the 6 yard box, and his two pathetic touches on the edge of leeds' box on monday.

:censored: ing awful. Nothing against him personally and i'm sure he could bring lots to the training pitch for the kids... however I hated his style of play 3 years ago... now I question if he can play at all.

your gonna get splinters sitting on that fence like that,lol

Well i was actually talking about what hes been doing week in week out for season after season, not what hes done in 2 5 minute spells when hes short of match sharpness in games where we are hanging on. :wink:

The likes of Lee, Stephens, Alessandra etc. are also short of match fitness/sharpness but don't get the same opportunities but are more hungry (my opinion) for some involvement. I can see the above players leaving at the end of this season and the club giving another 12 months to Liddell.

The likes of Lee, Stephens, Alessandra etc. are also short of match fitness/sharpness but don't get the same opportunities but are more hungry (my opinion) for some involvement. I can see the above players leaving at the end of this season and the club giving another 12 months to Liddell.

But the likes of Lee, Stephens, Allesandra etc. dont have the experience of looking after the ball and seeing games ouut like Liddell does. Is it that hard to understand?

But the likes of Stephens and Allessandra don't play right wing midfield. :wink: Competition for Lidds includes Taylor and Smalley who are both starting before him. After that comes Fabio and it's interesting that, when it suits a particular agenda, people slate Shez for playing too many loanees. However when the 'Lidds out' agenda is going through the motions people then do want to play 'somebody elses youngster' in a crucial League 1 clash, despite having never ever seen him play. :ohno:

Also, I'd say players like Stephens and Lee ought to be out on loan rather rather than us trying to shoehorn them into our promotion chasing team just to give them some experience. It's the team that needs experience at the moment, not the mysterious Dale Stephens.