jobs are there any?

boboafc

today i went for a interview for a job , but was told i was the 75th person to be interviewed for the job ,not have much luck getting a job at the moment, since i lost my job over 45.000 people here have also lost their jobs too ,and its going to get worse , for those unlucky ones like me back home ,what the chance of you getting jobs? and how many apply for jobs but get no answer etc?

Edited by boboafc

today i went for a interview for a job , but was told i was the 75th person to be interviewed for the job ,not have much luck getting a job at the moment, since i lost my job over 45.000 people here have also lost their jobs too ,and its going to get worse , for those unlucky ones like me back home ,what the chance of you getting jobs? and how many apply for jobs but get no answer etc?

I've applied for hundreds of jobs Bob, more than I can count, and I've had only a handful of replies so far.

Life's hard mate and I'm lucky not to have the responsibility of a family like you do. Keep your head up mate and you'll get there in the end.

Ack

and worse of all when they see on my cv , i come from england they ask me which part , so i say manchester , they ask me if i support manure or :censored:y automatically , :angry: but when i saw i support oldham athletic they say :huh:

today i went for a interview for a job , but was told i was the 75th person to be interviewed for the job

No wonder business is in such a bad way if managers are spending all their time interviewing that many people for a single vacancy - is shortlisting half a dozen candidates from their application forms illegal or sometihng?!!

Keep positive Bob. Try not to take it personally and try to approach each application and each interview with a positive attitude.

I feel for you both in the current climate, it can't be easy. To be one of 75 is almost not worth bothering is it? Have you considered working for yourself, as a freelancer or a self employed business? I've done it for almost 2 years and whilst it has its headaches it is mainly very rewarding. All you need is a lot of confidence, be good at something and convince everyone that they need your skills. Most of my work contacts hear of me through word of mouth, I have never advertised... just pestered. Is there something you are both ideally looking for, and Ste, are you looking down North West area only?

Pete

the other day i went for a job in a place called beni brak (which is full of religious jews) the job was for a firm that has 40shops of glasses , they were looking for some to be incharge of the warehouse , i past part of the interview ,but when the manager came in to the office , he was a religious jew like in the photo see link religious jews he looked at me and said no he (me ) is not a jew without me saying a word the manger also called me a goy which means . and told me to leave ,all because i don;t look like a religious jew and don't wear a skull cap

I feel for you both in the current climate, it can't be easy. To be one of 75 is almost not worth bothering is it? Have you considered working for yourself, as a freelancer or a self employed business? I've done it for almost 2 years and whilst it has its headaches it is mainly very rewarding. All you need is a lot of confidence, be good at something and convince everyone that they need your skills. Most of my work contacts hear of me through word of mouth, I have never advertised... just pestered. Is there something you are both ideally looking for, and Ste, are you looking down North West area only?

Pete

I've applied for stuff from all over the country mate. And I'm already trying to get contract jobs :wink:

• 2 weeks later...

Don't remind me Bob! I've not even come close to the type of job I want. I'm on a PRINCE2 course next week. If after that I don't have anything I want within a month then I'm going to set my sights on something low and just get some money coming in for a while.

do you have to pay for the course? over here if i want to do a course it cost money ,about 4000 shekels which is 700 quid ,which i don;t have to spare and here there is about 250.000 unemployed which is 7.3% and the list is growing each month , since i lost my job jan 1st over 30.000 lost their jobs ..

Edited by boboafc

do you have to pay for the course? over here if i want to do a course it cost money ,about 4000 shekels which is 700 quid ,which i don;t have to spare and here there is about 250.000 unemployed which is 7.3% and the list is growing each month , since i lost my job jan 1st over 30.000 lost their jobs ..

It's costing about £1,300 Bob!! Fortunatly I've been able to get someone I know to pay for it for me, on the condition that I earn the investment in me back for them once (IF) I start working!

went for job interview today at the main post office here for a job of checking parcels that come from overseas and putting details in english on to a pc sounds easy ,but the man said i was Overqualified for the job, ffs now its too f :censored: far enough me Overqualified for a job :ranting:

Don't remind me Bob! I've not even come close to the type of job I want. I'm on a PRINCE2 course next week. If after that I don't have anything I want within a month then I'm going to set my sights on something low and just get some money coming in for a while.

There's not many of those jobs about either Ackey... :unsure:

There's not many of those jobs about either Ackey... :unsure:

Despite what some will have you believe if you're willing to graft there's work out there mate. It might be on minimum legal wage, but I'd rather do that than this sitting about lark. It's sending me (even more) loopy.

went for job interview today at the main post office here for a job of checking parcels that come from overseas and putting details in english on to a pc sounds easy ,but the man said i was Overqualified for the job, ffs now its too f :censored: far enough me Overqualified for a job :ranting:

Overqualified. It's a load of bollocks that word. It's usually translated as "We only wanted to pay someone half what you want", I think it's pretty impossible to be overqualified for a job.

Overqualified? It's not even a proper word is it?

It's costing about £1,300 Bob!! Fortunatly I've been able to get someone I know to pay for it for me, on the condition that I earn the investment in me back for them once (IF) I start working!

Not being funny but Prince2 won't make a massive difference. We got to do that course for free with OMBC and its hardly had people beating down my door since.

Overqualified. It's a load of bollocks that word. It's usually translated as "We only wanted to pay someone half what you want", I think it's pretty impossible to be overqualified for a job.

Overqualified? It's not even a proper word is it?

Disagree, if the employer thinks that the "overqualified" person might bugger off for something better in 6 months or will hassle the boss for promotion when their isnt the scope for it. I think its a fair term to use. Think graduate or plumber applying for a job at Mcdonalds.

Despite what some will have you believe if you're willing to graft there's work out there mate. It might be on minimum legal wage, but I'd rather do that than this sitting about lark. It's sending me (even more) loopy.

I wish I could agree with you. My son can't buy work at the moment, I really feel for him.......and my wallet.lol

I think its a fair term to use. Think graduate or plumber applying for a job at Mcdonalds.

Rubbish. Have you not seen American Beauty?

"I don't think you'd fit in here."

"I have fast food experience."

"Yeah, like twenty years ago!"

"Well, I'm sure there have been amazing technological advances in the industry, but surely you must have some sort of training program. It seems unfair to presume I won't be able to learn."

I don't think "overqualified" is a fair term to use, it's a term to use if you want to hide behind an excuse not to hire someone. I was turned down for a job I was clearly not overqualified for (It was a like-for-like job in my field) recently when the real reason was they only wanted to pay me £6k less than what I'm getting payed now.

I can understand from an employers perspective their worry of a new employee just using them as a temporary stepping stone, but the word "overqualified" implies that the employee has too many qualifications to do the job. Which in a nutshell, is complete :censored:e. You can either do the job or you can't do it.

I say this with absolutely no disrespect intended at all:

Bob, there's a good chance they think you're too old, with a fair sprinkling of what FMS has said.

how true you are , that's what happened this morning ,went for another interview after signing on a dole office , sorry your too old , we are looking for people ages 21 till 40! :ranting:

Rubbish. Have you not seen American Beauty?

"I don't think you'd fit in here."

"I have fast food experience."

"Yeah, like twenty years ago!"

"Well, I'm sure there have been amazing technological advances in the industry, but surely you must have some sort of training program. It seems unfair to presume I won't be able to learn."

I don't think "overqualified" is a fair term to use, it's a term to use if you want to hide behind an excuse not to hire someone. I was turned down for a job I was clearly not overqualified for (It was a like-for-like job in my field) recently when the real reason was they only wanted to pay me £6k less than what I'm getting payed now.

I can understand from an employers perspective their worry of a new employee just using them as a temporary stepping stone, but the word "overqualified" implies that the employee has too many qualifications to do the job. Which in a nutshell, is complete :censored:e. You can either do the job or you can't do it.

Yeah fair point about the actual term. I wouldn’t personally say it to someone’s face but it still doesn’t change the reasoning behind it for MOST employers. I would agree that someone being too skilled to do a job is madness. Which is exactly why this is not the case. There are two main reasons why someone might say “over qualified”, they fear the applicant will shoot off when something better comes along or they don’t feel the person will work well with other workers (which could be the case in regards to American Beauty, nothing to do with Mr Spacey’s ability to learn anything).