Williams, the ex-Utd Yoof

When we signed this lad there was a bit of talk that with fitness & confidence built up he could be pushing for a squd place by Xmas.

Now, not sure what's happened - i went to watch the yoofs vs Rotherham in the FA cup & he wasn't even on the bench.

Does anyone have any news on him?

Oh, and while we're at it there was a lad in the ressies called Zaicevs. who's that? is it a lad from the Hungarians we're trialing?

Edited by slystallone

He was released last month. Can't remember what for.

I knew Charlmers got released (or sacked more to the point!) but i hadn't heard about Williams. There were rumours he had a few 'mental issues' i seem to remember when he signed, but talent wise he was suppose to be well regarded.......

From Wiki:

Nikolajs Zaicevs (born January 3, 1992) is a football midfielder from Latvia. His current club is Oldham Athletic A.F.C.

Full name

Nikolajs Zaicevs

Date of birth

January 3, 1992 (1992-01-03) (age 17)

Place of birth

Riga, Latvia

Playing position (Football)

Midfielder

Current club

Oldham Athletic A.F.C.

Youth career

JFC Skonto

Senior career

2007- JFC Skonto

National team

2007 Latvia U-16

Nikolajs Zaicevs (born January 3, 1992) is a football midfielder from Latvia. His current club is Oldham Athletic A.F.C.

Youth career

JFC Skonto

Senior career

2007- JFC Skonto

National team

2007 Latvia U-16[/size]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WE SCOUT IN LATVIA?????? :blink:

We can't manage trips down the road to Ashton / Woodley etc but we get a young lad form Latvia?? Wow.

Anyone seen him play or know how we got him? is he one of Wadsworths? (and not in that :blush: way)

Edited by slystallone

When we signed this lad there was a bit of talk that with fitness & confidence built up he could be pushing for a squd place by Xmas.

Now, not sure what's happened - i went to watch the yoofs vs Rotherham in the FA cup & he wasn't even on the bench.

Does anyone have any news on him?

http://www.owtb.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=...amp;hl=Williams