sheridans comments on today

<shrug>

The question I need to ask which should probably be a poll with a yes or no answer needed:

Can Shez turn it round?

you know what.....i really really hope he can...

but i feel that now,more than his other seasons in charge,he really hasnt got a clue as to what to do next....

he has gone down the tried and tested player route,and its not working....i want him to be innovative and imaginative,try different things and change it around a little....

i just think he hasnt got it in his locker to do this....his body laguage says it all really.

but i feel that now,more than his other seasons in charge,he really hasnt got a clue as to what to do next....

he has gone down the tried and tested player route,and its not working....i want him to be innovative and imaginative,try different things and change it around a little....

i just think he hasnt got it in his locker to do this....his body laguage says it all really.

If he was my boss, I wouldn't feel inspired.

I don't have Latics World, so watching the pre-match interview for the Leeds game on Sky+ is about the limit for me, but I would feel bored listening to him pre-match and at half-time. Not motivated.

So it ain't just the body language.

Edited by opinions4u

i dont think he can..hope i,m wrong

I don't think you are wrong...if you look at his post match interview on LW he looks to be in turmoil.

He just says the same thing after every poor performance and the next game proves no better!!

I reckon his job's hanging by a thread!!

If he would start Hughes & Allessandra for the next few matches, remember Kieran Lee and Dale Stephens are signed for Latics and accept that windass is not worth a place that would be a start. Shudder to think what the crowd level will be next season if we blow it this season which is looking likely. I am a die hardLatic but I have very nearly had enough. It is just dire and if we are not careful this could be the beginning of the end

i just think he hasnt got it in his locker to do this....his body language says it all really.

The players let him down today but he also let himself and the fans down:

Liddell should not be playing.

Kabba - poor footballer - should have scored when he hit the ball straight at the keeper early second half but that apart did nothing - I would expect that he is on the bench at MK.

Maher - nightmaher(sic) of a game.

Hazell - what a dreadful decision that gifted the Colchester goal to Platt.

Eardley - woeful - crap distribution (where have we heard that before?).

Jones - obviously not fit - poor game

Smalley should have scored when he somehow hit the inside of the post

Fleming - the guy cannot kick but generally did well when called upon.

Allott - tidy but ultimately did not bring much to the game.

Hughes - tried hard - one chance when he tried to lob the keeper but really lacked any support from both Kabba and the midfield

Windass - did not bring anything to the team and is a poor imitation of the player who joined us a few weeks back.

Alessandra - not long enough but must start instead of Kabba next week

Whittaker - too little time - could not get into the game - had one decent effort well saved by the keeper

Gregan - only decent player on the pitch.

Sheridan - does he really know what to do? Is he motivating the players? I think not.

Players and management let us down today - it was woeful :blink:.

The players let him down today but he also let himself and the fans down:

Liddell should not be playing.

Kabba - poor footballer - should have scored when he hit the ball straight at the keeper early second half but that apart did nothing - I would expect that he is on the bench at MK.

Maher - nightmaher(sic) of a game.

Hazell - what a dreadful decision that gifted the Colchester goal to Platt.

Eardley - woeful - crap distribution (where have we heard that before?).

Jones - obviously not fit - poor game

Smalley should have scored when he somehow hit the inside of the post

Fleming - the guy cannot kick but generally did well when called upon.

Allott - tidy but ultimately did not bring much to the game.

Hughes - tried hard - one chance when he tried to lob the keeper but really lacked any support from both Kabba and the midfield

Windass - did not bring anything to the team and is a poor imitation of the player who joined us a few weeks back.

Alessandra - not long enough but must start instead of Kabba next week

Whittaker - too little time - could not get into the game - had one decent effort well saved by the keeper

Gregan - only decent player on the pitch.

Sheridan - does he really know what to do? Is he motivating the players? I think not.

Players and management let us down today - it was woeful :blink:.

cant agree on eardly being woefull....he had to cover an ever increasing tidal wave of attacks because a much older less mobile players was playing right wing and couldnt get up and down the field to help out....his distribution is either fantastic or crap...but today he got a fair amount of crosses in and did the basics things very well...think out of the whole game he only put the ball in touch 4 times.

Can't agree with Gregan either........

I'm sure I saw eardley hit a good few well paced cross field balls. I'm sure I saw him play the ball out a couple of times too.

I'm sure I saw gregan lump the ball upfield. And head in out of play.

Which one gets slated for poor distribution?

i just watched the interview and he came across as much more believable than he usually does, said players new they were going to play and he wasn,t having that which was pleasing but the interview overall was more positive i believed what he said.

only snag he said he wanted to make changes today but didn,t why?

i will look to next week now and see whats changed

How many times has Shez said "I won't accept that performance"?

He has even apologised to the fans after one game (Yeovil?) saying it won't happen again - but it does time and time again.

I wouldn't be surprised if we won at MK then followed up with a tepid 1 - 1 against Tranmere :disappointed:

How many times has Shez said "I won't accept that performance"?

He has even apologised to the fans after one game (Yeovil?) saying it won't happen again - but it does time and time again.

I wouldn't be surprised if we won at MK then followed up with a tepid 1 - 1 against Tranmere :disappointed:

yea your problably right

Shez points to the performances against Millwall and Leeds as a contrast to yesterday. But the fact is, after half-time at Millwall, we were completely outplayed and were every bit as much second best in midfield as we were yesterday. Very fortunate to take three points. Against Leeds, we fought hard and earned a point but they always looked a more quality team with much more danger coming from midfield than we can ever manage. Yesterday, we were hopeless. In none of those three matches have we looked like a promotion side and the only reason we are clinging on in the play-off zone is because we had that great run in the first six matches of the season.

Since the new year, our performances and results have been mediocre. Starting with the 5-0 defeat at Hereford, we have got 13 points from the last 11 matches and failed to score in six of them. This is closer to relegation form than promotion. And it all goes back to the manager, in my opinion. I believe we have a good enough squad to gain promotion. But good players are playing badly and young players are not being developed as they should. Shez is no doubt a good spotter of talent, but as a tactician he is poor with no apparent idea how to blend a team. It is for that reason that I think his time is up.

said players new they were going to play and he wasn,t having that which was pleasing but the interview overall was more positive i believed what he said.

He's said the same all season.

First aired that view after Swindon away...the only thing that changed after that was the subs bench! Every other week he tells us players expect to play, how they need to grow up, that we've players on the bench who are ready to come in, and how he won't stand for it any more yadda yadda absolute yadda...of course he won't.

Until the next game.

E4e

JSOUT

i just watched the interview and he came across as much more believable than he usually does, said players new they were going to play and he wasn,t having that which was pleasing but the interview overall was more positive i believed what he said.

i will look to next week now and see whats changed

We must have seen that interview a dozen times already this season and If it were me I would refuse to speak to the media as I'd be too embarassed!!

The only reason he came over as more believable is that he told the truth...WE WERE CRAP!!!!!

If you can take positives from that interview then I must have watched something else!!!

We must have seen that interview a dozen times already this season and If it were me I would refuse to speak to the media as I'd be too embarassed!!

The only reason he came over as more believable is that he told the truth...WE WERE CRAP!!!!!

If you can take positives from that interview then I must have watched something else!!!

haha yeah you may be right,he was telling the truth which is probably why he didn,t look as sheepish as he usually does which made it more believable