players day off?

is it true the players have a day off on wednesdays?

DAY OFF ON A WEDNESDAY?????????????????????????????

this last month or so has been a revelation. what a joke. day off???? what time do they train until on the other days? do they train on sunday?

Football is pretty much a part time job though they do work on Saturdays.

is it true the players have a day off on wednesdays?

DAY OFF ON A WEDNESDAY?????????????????????????????

this last month or so has been a revelation. what a joke. day off???? what time do they train until on the other days? do they train on sunday?

i thought they got a day off after a midwek game only, they got 2 last week due to leeds monday and then the dogs tuesday night.

Edited by palmer1

i thought they got a day off after a midwek game only, they got 2 last week due to leeds monday and then the dogs tuesday night.

This is part of the problem with club discipline - if the manager can't be arsed - why should the players? when was the last time Shez, Gregan or Liddell were pictured supporting community projects in the chron?

How often was Joe Royle or Stitch when they were manager? Much more than the half-arsed management and senior pros we have now.

Not good enough, days off = days in the pub for some of our lot.

understandable to give the players a day off, the day after a game

Day after a game yeah I'll give 'em that but most clubs have a light session/debriefing/reflection on the game whilst fresh in the memory.

Days off when there's no midweek game AND at the business end of the season is poor if you ask me. Ronnie Moore did this, "the player's won't get any fitter" nope, we didn't Ronald, and we didn't win again from March.

After Saturdays performance I'd be beasting them round Tangle Hills...

i too would have them in for light training, after a midweek game. but if we dont then no bother. midweek day off every week is just wrong, and i hope we dont do this..

You could sort of understand it if it was a dowie style regime as in 6am swims, boxing, ball work etc

When I played we had Wednesdays off if we played the Tuesday and some other weeks. Sometimes we went over video footage of previous games or opponents on a Wednesday afternoon.

If you ever go down Deansgate L on a Tuesday night you are likely to bump into some footballing megastars as they have Wednesday off so it is their night out.