Tonights scores

Scunny have the JPT final in 2wks time...which will mean a busy end of season for them with not the biggest of squads..it ain't quite over yet! Tonights result was a formality for them...the next two games they're at home also. But when the eye turns to the final, strange things happen. Players pull out of the odd tackle or two and you never know.

Edited by boundaryblue80

What a difference from a month ago!!!!

Whilst we have dropped points, the biggest difference from a month ago is the games in hand. 4th spot was flattering to us and I think people got a flase impression.

For a few weeks now, if you assumed the worst case games in hand result we've been 7th.

Scunthorpe were on a terrible run of form, but got back on track last night (albeit against weak opposition - that was not that weak against us). The Tranmere result means that we should really discount them, for them to catch us now would mean we drop too many points and therefore have no chance catching the teams I see us targeting - Scunthorpe and Leeds.

We are up against it now. Our run in is average so getting a decent points total ourselves is by no means easy, but at the same time we are reliant on others slipping up. With our GD we need to make up 4 points on Scunthorpe and 5 on Leeds and do not have the opportunity to 'take points' directly off them either. A rule of thumb is that once you get to the point that you need to make up a 'point a game' then you are very unlikely to do it (of course their are exceptions), so we need to get within striking distance over the next few games.

But if it wasn't hard / unlikely, then we wouldn't have sacked our manager.

In terms of the 'fairytale' "Joe's chance to avange the Leeds play-off defeat" angle. I'd like to believe that, but I remember similar threads and thoughts regarding getting Forest in the Wembley final 2 years ago....and we both failed!

I hate to say it but I think the top 6 is the end of season top 6. The weakest team in their are Millwall, but they're getting results at the likes of MKDons where we get thrashed. Still hoping Millwall will fall down the table but they are now 9 points ahead of us. I think we'll win 4 draw 3 and lose 2 of our remaining fixtures, not sure if that will be enough, but I hope so.

In fairness, with your recent track record of predictions, I'll take that with a pinch of salt :wink: