Joe Royle

Joe gained promotions with Latics, City x 2 , Ipswich x 2 (?) and won the Cup with Everton. That is far more than the three you mentioned. In fact, I don't think that they had a single promotion between them.

OK, in the past, buty he brings experience....

What about someone with recent success?

His time out of the game is the only question mark. But a fair one to raise. 4 years since he did a job with Ipswich? Not that long.

It looks to me like he's getting to grips with things off the field. Let's see what he can deliver on the field.

Edited by opinions4u

Guest sheridans_world
Er, and ritchie.

I know they beat us this year, but it really shouldn't take two of them to beat Colchester... :unsure:

They're favourites for promotion next year...

oh and no it doesnt :grin:

His time out of the game is the only question mark. But a fair one to raise.

It looks to me like he's getting to grips with things off the field. Let's see what he can deliver on the field.

he hasnt got any options at the moment,this isnt his squad and these bar westlake and supple are not his players.

the younger players will respect him for his presence and the way he conducts himself with dignity,pride and passion.

the older players will respect him for his achievments.

he is sorting out the discipline and getting rid of the dead wood,the players still here will now know that he isnt to be messed around and if you dont perform your gone,might just give them the kick up the backside they need and deserve.

far too many players over the last couple of years have come here for the free ride and the money,and havent given a toss about this club,its fans or itsd history,its purely a wage.

big joe is latics through and through,knows how to motivate players and get the best out of the youngsters,and also has a keen eye for a bargain or two,and also has very good contacts within the game to ask for favours and help.

at this exact moment in time,he is the best man for the job.

if you want recent success....gannon,hill,knill.....

What about someone with recent success?

It's pointless naming anyone because none of them will stand up to his record, just like his doesn't up to George Graham, Howard Kendell or Howard Wilkinson, would you want any of them here?

So first of all it was ...

if he wasn't called Joe Royle but had the exact same record I doubt anyone would want him.

Now it's pointless naming anyone because none will stand up to his record. and you want recent success. Make your mind up.

he hasnt got any options at the moment,this isnt his squad and these bar westlake and supple are not his players.

the younger players will respect him for his presence and the way he conducts himself with dignity,pride and passion.

the older players will respect him for his achievments.

he is sorting out the discipline and getting rid of the dead wood,the players still here will now know that he isnt to be messed around and if you dont perform your gone,might just give them the kick up the backside they need and deserve.

far too many players over the last couple of years have come here for the free ride and the money,and havent given a toss about this club,its fans or itsd history,its purely a wage.

big joe is latics through and through,knows how to motivate players and get the best out of the youngsters,and also has a keen eye for a bargain or two,and also has very good contacts within the game to ask for favours and help.

at this exact moment in time,he is the best man for the job.

if you want recent success....gannon,hill,knill.....

Superb.

Joe gained promotions with Latics, City x 2 , Ipswich x 2 (?) and won the Cup with Everton. That is far more than the three you mentioned. In fact, I don't think that they had a single promotion between them.

OK, in the past, buty he brings experience....

joe never got ipswich promoted (lost in playoffs (twice?)), us once , city 2 and 2 relegations on that record aswell.

i still want him to stay though, there wont be many better.

Joe could have the best managers' record in the 4 leagues for promotions.

I think that would be Colin? He has a :censored:load of relegations to take into account as well though, not to mention the fact that he is a terrible blight on the face of humanity. Joe on the other hand only has two relegations, and one of them counts as a positive on his career stats.

Not unless he's Inspector Gadget.

Or...

mr-tickle.jpg