Joe Royle

I live and breath the latics, i cant believe we have thrown the towel in. i for one wont let the thought of promotion leave my head until its mathmatically impossible. Dont know whos decision it was (hughesy) but its like pulling the plug on the playoff support machine, now heres what i reckon. BFJ wont be here next season he never intended to be, he's been brought in as an hatchet man, clean the club up, get rid of dead wood, ready for a new face, a good win saturday and we could be within a win of the playoffs ffs! I sincerely hope this isnt the case. i couldnt care wether BFJ stays or goes tbh but i hope he wasnt lieing wen he said he was giving it a go, cos 2 games later he has stated he isnt. (the playoffs i mean)

I live and breath the latics, i cant believe we have thrown the towel in. i for one wont let the thought of promotion leave my head until its mathmatically impossible. Dont know whos decision it was (hughesy) but its like pulling the plug on the playoff support machine, now heres what i reckon. BFJ wont be here next season he never intended to be, he's been brought in as an hatchet man, clean the club up, get rid of dead wood, ready for a new face, a good win saturday and we could be within a win of the playoffs ffs! I sincerely hope this isnt the case. i couldnt care wether BFJ stays or goes tbh but i hope he wasnt lieing wen he said he was giving it a go, cos 2 games later he has stated he isnt. (the playoffs i mean)

You don't need a hatchet man to clear out players at the end of their contracts

Not necessarily, Hughes has been garbage for a while. He has recently cost us points in my opinion.

He's scored 18 yes, but then he is a centre forward who has played a load of games for a top half side. It's hardly mega. Anyway, have some faith in Joe....he knows the crack.

Not necessarily, Hughes has been garbage for a while. He has recently cost us points in my opinion.

He's scored 18 yes, but then he is a centre forward who has played a load of games for a top half side. It's hardly mega. Anyway, have some faith in Joe....he knows the crack.

If the reports about Belle Vue were right he should have been sacked anyway. Do you think he would have put Joe in a headlock? I'd have paid to see that!

If the reports about Belle Vue were right he should have been sacked anyway. Do you think he would have put Joe in a headlock? I'd have paid to see that!

We have been down this avenue before and I don't want to reopen it, however I was at the dogs with 4 friends (3 of whom had access to the players lounge). At no time did any of us see the alleged headlock incident, but what I can't recall seeing anyone mentioning is Hughes (rather the worse for ale) standing on a table shouting the word "ANARCHY" at Sheridan.

Dictionary definition - Lack of government in a state or organisation.

Need I say more.

Thanks Lee for what you have done for us, you have had our money, I think the time to move on is correct and in my view a wise move for all concerned.

We have been down this avenue before and I don't want to reopen it, however I was at the dogs with 4 friends (3 of whom had access to the players lounge). At no time did any of us see the alleged headlock incident, but what I can't recall seeing anyone mentioning is Hughes (rather the worse for ale) standing on a table shouting the word "ANARCHY" at Sheridan.

Need I say more.

Thanks Lee for what you have done for us, you have had our money, I think the time to move on is correct and in my view a wise move for all concerned.

Should have been told to walk home and pick up his boots in the morning.

JR will be our manager next season.

Cheers,

Harry

Need I say more.

I was at the dogs night too, and I was sat very close to where Hughes was shouting ANARCHY. You might be right but I honestly thought he was shouting ANAKIN as in the star wars character to Taylor. Taylor was looking down and waving back to him. I just thought at the time that it was Hughes nick name for Taylor. We'll have to wait until the film is released to find out what really happened, but I didn't see anything other than a bit of fun on the night.

JR will be our manager next season.

Cheers,

Harry

It's looking more that way to me .... I'm impressed with the discipline side of things at the moment ... players left out for not putting in the effort he expects.

We'll have a good end to this season, miss out on the play-offs, and then really motor on next season with a manager who will ensure the younger players are improved.

Guest sheridans_world
Nice to see we've explored all other options

What do you suggest? A manager on a rotation system?

I bet Alan Hardy is sat in his office looking at the possible fixtures for next season now and colour coding them.

Leeds - Boothroyd

Charlton - Boothroyd

Southampton - Boothroyd

Peterborough - Boothroyd

Tranmere - Ritchie

Huddersfield - Ritchie

Millwall - Ritchie

Colchester - Ritchie

Chesterfield - Gannon

Leyton Orient - Gannon

Crewe - Gannon

Rochdale - Gannon

What do you suggest? A manager on a rotation system?

I bet Alan Hardy is sat in his office looking at the possible fixtures for next season now and colour coding them.

Leeds - Boothroyd

Charlton - Boothroyd

Southampton - Boothroyd

Peterborough - Boothroyd

Tranmere - Ritchie

Huddersfield - Ritchie

Millwall - Ritchie

Colchester - Ritchie

Chesterfield - Gannon

Leyton Orient - Gannon

Crewe - Gannon

Rochdale - Gannon

Knowone taking charge against Colchester then?

That was very funny I thought, I was stood with the players at the top of the restauarant and they all took it in good humour!

Anyway, leaving the dogs alone, I personally think JR will be manager next season depending upon gettign a few good results, the fans behind him and support of his family.

If he's the best man for the job, I don't mind it.

But it strikes me as another appointment to please the masses, if he wasn't called Joe Royle but had the exact same record I doubt anyone would want him.

I must admit, I don't want a manager who has a record of getting sides promoted, winning the FA Cup and playing attacking football.

Terrible idea.

Talbot please.

Joe could have the best managers' record in the 4 leagues for promotions.

My bet would be on a new investor, Joe to move upstairs to be a Director and a new manager like Ritchie to come in over summer. Personall yI would like to see a top class coach to give the team and the stiffs real shape and purpose. Remember that the Hungarian link will probably only work if the club is well organised.

Can you think of anyone else who has a better record and more experience?

What about someone with recent success?

It's pointless naming anyone because none of them will stand up to his record, just like his doesn't up to George Graham, Howard Kendell or Howard Wilkinson, would you want any of them here?