Dowie to Newcastle!

Maybe it's because we've had so many bad managers in the meantime (a part from Sheridan) but why are we supposed to hate Dowie so much again? As I get older I forget what the party line is.

I seem to remember Dowie telling us that he was going nowhere (Go Hard or Go Home etc.) whilst touting himself as a managerial candidate up and down the nation. Obviously, when Crystal Palace came in with a million pound package, there was no way the TTA could match it. So off he went citing, quite correctly, that his family needed supporting above all else.

I still think his managerial regime/style is the best we've had since Joe Royle's first stint, it's just a shame that it ended the way it did, amidst the struggle and confusion of a club nearing extinction and a new regime trying to steady the ship and get the club back on a level footing. It might have been best if he had gone when Moore had the 'fire sale' and the Eyres/Sheridan set-up implemented in the interim.

Maybe it's because we've had so many bad managers in the meantime (a part from Sheridan) but why are we supposed to hate Dowie so much again? As I get older I forget what the party line is.

He stole his company car when he left and sued us for breach of a contract which he hadn't signed when we asked for it back.