Predict Big Joe's first victory of his second coming

Diego_Sideburns

155 members have voted

1. 1. When will Big Joe get that elusive first victory?

• Peterborough
    • Carlisle
    • Crewe
    • Brighton
    • Southend
    • Walsall
    • Pe-season friendly
    • Next season
    • Never

Im sorry mate but i couldnt disagree more. Its blatently obvious that we do not have enough individual talent to get promotion full stop never mind automatic! I could understand someone saying things like this at the start of the season, but after watching us play many superior teams, I think its a bit arrogant or stupid to claim out squad is good enough for automatic promotion, when the evidence clearly shows it isnt!

I highlight performances against teams like Leicester.

These players have shown that there is no team in the division to fear.

Just too many games where they couldn't be arsed turning up. And that's a leadership thing.

would it be a good idea to delete this thread????

Sadly looking like I'm going to be close to the truth...

It'll be Southend when both have nothing to play for. Sadly. Carlisle will welcome a side who loves end peoples bad runs. Crewe have a cracking away record of late and Brighton will be so far in the :censored: that they'll be scrapping like mad. And Davies will probably score a hat-trick. Ok...it won't get that bad...but seriously can't see us winning until Southend at home now! Hope I'll terribly wrong!

Even said about 15mins into 2nd half today, to those I was sat with, that we'd probably miss a couple of chances and let them in to score. Only bit I got wrong there is the couple of chances I expected us to miss! Hope we beat Brighton (and push them closer to the door) but can't see it!

• 2 weeks later...

At the risk of being accused of sniping, Joe said he is "devastated" at not getting a home win.

http://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/page/JoeRo...1639107,00.html

Many have described on here their feelings about this season's dramatic fall from promotion contenders to contemptibles, but I don't recall any saying they were devastated.

Perhaps we have become more acclimatised to being let down by the players to whom we give our support. Our remedies to get over the disappointment include withholding our money* from the Club. The majority on here seem to suggest that Joe's remedy to get over his devastation is to secure more money from the Club in the form of an increased playing budget.

Reduction in income does not = increased budget, but that's the dilemma facing TTA.

* I'm not withholding my money, no matter who is the manager next season, but I can understand those who do.

Edited by Diego_Sideburns

At the risk of being accused of sniping, Joe said he is "devastated" at not getting a home win.

http://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/page/JoeRo...1639107,00.html

Many have described on here their feelings about this season's dramatic fall from promotion contenders to contemptables, but I don't recall any saying they were devastated.

Perhaps we have become more acclimatised to being let down by the players to whom we give our support. Our remedies to get over the disappointment include withholding our money* from the Club. The majority on here seem to suggest that Joe's remedy to get over his devastation is to secure more money from the Club in the form of an increased playing budget.

Reduction in income does not = increased budget, but that's the dilemma facing TTA.

* I'm not withholding my money, no matter who is the manager next season, but I can understand those who do.

he is devastated because he loves this club so much,and knows exactly what it means to the fans to get up and out of this division.

sadly,next season we may possibly see the worst or smallest budget tta's have ever given to a manager,and it simply wont be enough to generate interest from joe,and maybe countless others.

the trouble we have is you wont get promoted unless you spend your money wisely on experienced quality players,something i believe joe could unearth and bring in,with maybe one or 3 favours for season long loans..

i think if he doesnt accept it,then whoever comes in is going to be hampered straight away.

i dont want us to go down the throw cash at it blindly,then miss out then end up back were we started in 2003,but i do think you have to be realistic and put the money there to use.

at this exact moment in time,i cannot afford a season ticket,so i will be paying on the day again...

i think the first thing we have to do is sort out the manager first.then people will decide as to if there going to vote with there feet or not.

I can't.

Apart from 3 or 4 seasons under Royle we've been crap and have achieved nothing for the 20 years I've been a supporter.

What's so different this year?

I can't.

Apart from 3 or 4 seasons under Royle we've been crap and have achieved nothing for the 20 years I've been a supporter.

There is a global economic recession affecting everything including football, and TTA are struggling to continue subsidising the Club, while being unable to carry out the redevelopment to produce the much-needed non-football incom.

I can't.

Times change. Football is barely recognisable compared to even twenty years ago. At precisely the wrong time (because of missing out on the TV money and other financial benefits of being above the lower divisions), this club entered a downward spiral, resulting in a marked decline from even the modest status in the game it once enjoyed. This makes it increasingly difficult to attract the kind of investment necessary to arrest further decline. The club would already have gone under without TTA coming to its rescue and possibly, dare I say it, if Chris Moore hadn't come along (if you can separate the way it ended from the fact that he bought out owners who had literally nothing to spend on the club and had sold the ground.) Combine with this the factors that Diego mentions above, and a picture emerges of OAFC not exactly being best placed to ride out a crisis for smaller clubs which is inevitable somewhere along the line, and probably sooner than we think if the so-called fiscal stimulus and other emergency measures on the economy do not work.

Edited by Corporal_Jones