Third division town, third division team, third division attendances and a strictly non-league ground!

This club does not have a hope in hell of attracting the right kind of player to gain promotion, nor will it attract any investor with a modicum of business acumen. The so called redevelopment is dead and will not happen in the forseeable future.

Face it, next season will be a battle against relegation!

TTA must love this club to be pouring their hard earned cash down the drain each week!

Cannot see that happening for much longer!!

Having said we'll all be there hoping against hope!!

Third division town, third division team, third division attendances and a strictly non-league ground!

This club does not have a hope in hell of attracting the right kind of player to gain promotion, nor will it attract any investor with a modicum of business acumen. The so called redevelopment is dead and will not happen in the forseeable future.

TTA must love this club to be pouring their hard earned cash down the drain each week!

here comes superman JOHN WARDLE. :wink:

as i have already stated hard cash is the answer somat that is a rarety these day's...

Woah, slow down! I'm as frustrated as the next man about how this season has petered out and as pessimistic about our promotion chances next season but the foundations at the club are good enough to keep us in midtable for the next few seasons IMO. Our youth setup has produced a number of players who have been plying their trade in our successful 1st team for the last few years and I'm pretty sure that Philly will help a few more progress in the coming seasons. The owners expectations and funding will drop to a near-sustainable level (rightly so IMO) so we are unlikely to have any sudden surprises like 2003 again, although attendances are dropping we are still about average for this league and although Joe hasn't started well we will be in a good position next season if he stays in charge.

No need to panic yet.

You know what, after what I've seen today I am significantly more optimistic about the future.

It was always going to be a big ask for Big Joe to get us in to the play-offs.

It takes time to weed out the attitudes in the club that need removing and it takes more time to replace them with something more positive.

But so far we've seen Joe (apparently) put his foot down with poor attitudes in training, shift players out where he's not happy with what they have to offer and give one or two players a chance where they wouldn't have got one before and play a range of different systems.

Today's game saw us go mighty close to beating the second best side in the division. With no obvious out and out striker in the squad. The best home display since the win over Stockport.

I think we've made progress. That's the first time in weeks where I thought our players wanted it at BP. Possibly only the second time since November. As a starting point, it's fantastic. 5 games now to turn that in to 3 or 4 wins. Bring in a couple of players in the summer to replace the handful on their way out and then let's see where we are next season.

Relegation next season? Not a chance playing like that. Quite the opposite.

Yeah, bottom of the league with 0 points and minus 1000 goal difference has been bad this year...

It's very easy to get carried away with what's happening at our own club and forget about elsewhere.

Yes, without outside investment, our budget for next season will be significantly lower than it was this. But that will also be the case at the vast majority of other League One clubs - many of whom are in a far, FAR worse financial condition than us.

Also, if Joe stays, I can think of few managers with better credentials for getting a squad assembled under a tight budget to perform above their level.

And finally, this is why football - at our level at least - is still such a fantastic sport; because the poorer clubs still have a chance of outperforming the rich clubs.

It's very easy to get carried away with what's happening at our own club and forget about elsewhere.

Yes, without outside investment, our budget for next season will be significantly lower than it was this. But that will also be the case at the vast majority of other League One clubs - many of whom are in a far, FAR worse financial condition than us.

Also, if Joe stays, I can think of few managers with better credentials for getting a squad assembled under a tight budget to perform above their level.

And finally, this is why football - at our level at least - is still such a fantastic sport; because the poorer clubs still have a chance of outperforming the rich clubs.

Post of the day.

You know what, after what I've seen today I am significantly more optimistic about the future.

It was always going to be a big ask for Big Joe to get us in to the play-offs.

It takes time to weed out the attitudes in the club that need removing and it takes more time to replace them with something more positive.

But so far we've seen Joe (apparently) put his foot down with poor attitudes in training, shift players out where he's not happy with what they have to offer and give one or two players a chance where they wouldn't have got one before and play a range of different systems.

Today's game saw us go mighty close to beating the second best side in the division. With no obvious out and out striker in the squad. The best home display since the win over Stockport.

I think we've made progress. That's the first time in weeks where I thought our players wanted it at BP. Possibly only the second time since November. As a starting point, it's fantastic. 5 games now to turn that in to 3 or 4 wins. Bring in a couple of players in the summer to replace the handful on their way out and then let's see where we are next season.

Relegation next season? Not a chance playing like that. Quite the opposite.

Good post. Agree with all aspects.

Nail ont head there lad, if we were in a bar I would buy you a beer. I actually believe Joe will stay and we will see some investment from the outside. Once Joe is confirmed for next year,gotta believe he wants it again now.

Robert

I can't help feeling that when people take comfort in the fact that most clubs at this level are in the same boat financially, they're forgetting that the financial gulf between this division and the one above is widening.

Also, you might say that the poorer clubs are outperforming the rich, but it's the wealthier clubs who are going up from this division this season. Maybe a club with little money will sneak in ahead of one of them but they probably won't be the ones who'll stay up.