Brighton - Directions, Beer, Food & Entertainment

NOTE: I've added to the opening post on this thread links to a Brighton & Hove street map and a What's on guide for Friday 17th, Saturday 18th and Sunday 19th April, which also gives an idea as to what music to expect in the various clubs. Edited by Diego_Sideburns

NOTE: I've added to the opening post on this thread links to a Brighton & Hove street map and a What's on guide for Saturday 18th April, which also gives an idea as to what music to expect in the various clubs.

Hey, D_S - you couldn't do a Friday What's On as well - we're travelling down Friday afternoon, y'never know there might be summat on. Cheers.

Hey, D_S - you couldn't do a Friday What's On as well - we're travelling down Friday afternoon, y'never know there might be summat on. Cheers.

OK, also done for Friday and Sunday, in case anyone is still there by then.

I see the Australian Pink Floyd is playing on Saturday for those of you who needed no dark sarcasm in the classroom.

If you like Indian food I can not recommend the Agra Brasserie on Ship St enough, it is possibly my favourite Indian in the country. The Chicken Jalfrezi is the best I have ever had in a restaurant and the whole place is just a nice place to eat in.

If you are down for the night before I would avoid West St like the plague and pretty much anywhere very central, the comparisons with Yorkshire St are a bit wide of the mark but we are not talking Cyril Smith wide. If the weather is nice it seems that the local councils as far away as Essex ship their arseholes in to Brighton and they can make the aforementioned areas and the beach a bit of a pain in the arse.

I used to live in Brighton and went back for a visit in early March and still miss the place, they have only recently started letting the big chain pubs ruin the place start to open outlets so most bars and pubs are independent, there are a few owned by the same company but on the whole each pub has it's own character, especially the back st or little hidden away ones. A large number have a kind of studenty feel to them and these are the ones that I favour as I like feeling students :blush: The Hop Poles on Middle St (the next one along from Ship St) is a small but welcoming place, probably wouldn't let you in mob handed simply as there isn't the room but a few would get in.

The Bath Arms in the Lanes is pretty decent too and the firkin pub just opposite it has been known to be ok. If you are staying Hove way, The Wick Inn (63 Western Road) is a good pub as is the Lion and Lobster but that can be hard to find.

One thing that is available in most pubs is a drink called Tuaca, it is a kind of brandy liqueur and is a pretty good shot, if we win I would recommend adding a round of these every few rounds, if we lose, add a few more.

agree on the pub recommendations in the previous two posts (am also a former Brighton resident). Lion and Lobster is a favourite of mine, although probably isn't quite central enough for the weekend visitors.

I tend to go in the Preston Park Hotel on Preston Road for a couple of looseners before this fixture. Is decent enough, normally fairly quiet despite being very close to the stadium and the station.

has everyone bought tickets yet? any idea on when is the latest is that I'll be able to buy? I assume that they're posted from BP??

thanks