Flash!

opinions4u

Got a new laptop and Flash does't appear to be working in the same way as it did on my old one!

Laptop is a Compaq CQ60 and operating system is Widows Vista Basic.

Problem 1) Flash doesn't work in Firefox

Problem 2) Flash works in Explorer, but the Virgin pictures from Carlisle were "jerky" - this used to be how Virgin Media pictures were on my much older lappy a few years ago, but the one that has just died was fine (XP).

Any thoughts?

Agree with Rummy on that. What card you got? Memory? Vista a very hungry beast ...

2gb ram.

Without ripping the back off the machine, how do I find out what card I've got (Compaq CQ60 is the machine - fearing I've bought too cheap at the moment!).

2gb ram.

Without ripping the back off the machine, how do I find out what card I've got (Compaq CQ60 is the machine - fearing I've bought too cheap at the moment!).

Start>control panel>System and maintanence>system>device manager>"continue" on pop up>display adaptors=graphics card name :)

NVIDIA GeForce 8200 M G.

Ooh I feel so fick!

I have the 8400 in this one and I have no problems... doubt that little difference would be significant. Like above - I'd suggest checking out your drivers and what not first and if that doesn't help let us know and we can have another crack at it.