Todays offering

I have just got home having stayed to the end. But it was noticeable today how many people, having spent time and money to get to Brighton, were walking out well before the end. I cannot altogether blame them.

The first half was dire. We had one shot and gave them a couple of goals which made you wonder where our defence vanishes to at times. Second half perked up a bit. We were looking decent and making Brighton look the shaky team they are. When we scored, it was well earned on the balance of play and I thought we would get another. But immediately, we gave away as soft a goal as you will ever see and that was that. Although we still had more of the play, we never again really looked like scoring.

Any positives? Eardley played well, Taylor and Alessandra worked hard and Lee looked a clever lad but disappeared from the game quickly. Some decent things from Jones and Gregan at times. But Hazell does not look the player of six months ago, nor Allott the one that was so good last season. Bigger defenders meant Wolfy was easily taken off the ball and I fear that will always be the case for him. All in all, another depressing day out.

I have just got home having stayed to the end. But it was noticeable today how many people, having spent time and money to get to Brighton, were walking out well before the end. I cannot altogether blame them.

The first half was dire. We had one shot and gave them a couple of goals which made you wonder where our defence vanishes to at times. Second half perked up a bit. We were looking decent and making Brighton look the shaky team they are. When we scored, it was well earned on the balance of play and I thought we would get another. But immediately, we gave away as soft a goal as you will ever see and that was that. Although we still had more of the play, we never again really looked like scoring.

Any positives? Eardley played well, Taylor and Alessandra worked hard and Lee looked a clever lad but disappeared from the game quickly. Some decent things from Jones and Gregan at times. But Hazell does not look the player of six months ago, nor Allott the one that was so good last season. Bigger defenders meant Wolfy was easily taken off the ball and I fear that will always be the case for him. All in all, another depressing day out.

How did you get back so quick ?

Edited by level42

Have a look to the left hand side...

You know... here....

<--------

You know yours... it says "Springhead"... If you look at Quarks... it says "Kent"

Is it falling into place about now?

:lol::lol::lol: 'A ray of light in pitch black darkness' :lol::lol::lol:

Hahahahaha I laughed my ass off when I read that -- Talk about not checking before posting.

While fickle fans desert the club from far away places such as Royton, Chadderton, Middleton and Shaw there will always be latics fans all over the country and even the world keeping the faith :)

there will always be latics fans all over the country and even the world keeping the faith :)

Here Here!!!!! where's the time machine back to the 70's? i've always loved everything about my home town club since my introduction back in the early seventies stood in the chaddy :grin:

Some things are in the blood and Latics is one of em :wink: