Next season

next seas - we have the basis of a good side still

2 decent keepers (if crosso gives us another season)

defence - eardo, hazell, black, stammy, calvin - (everyone seems to think greegs is off)

midfield - tayls, lee, ratters, whitts (?)

attack - lewis, smalls, grady

not a bad team - with a few new signings nothing silly I expect a decent entertaining season

defence - eardo, hazell, black, stammy, calvin - (everyone seems to think greegs is off)

not a bad team - with a few new signings nothing silly I expect a decent entertaining season

With the greatest respect, do you think playing the side that has failed this season, minus its best defender and main goalscorer, will deliver promotion?

Who is Calvin?

Edited by opinions4u

If indeed that is the squad we will be relying on, then I would appreciate the club letting me know before I waste my money on another season ticket.

There is not one of that defence I'd like to keep, the midfield requires an attacking ball player, and the front line would benefit from a sniffer/poacher type who doesn't mind getting in where it hurts.

If the steak and pepper pies go, then that really will be the end of it for me :(

If indeed that is the squad we will be relying on, then I would appreciate the club letting me know before I waste my money on another season ticket.

There is not one of that defence I'd like to keep, the midfield requires an attacking ball player, and the front line would benefit from a sniffer/poacher type who doesn't mind getting in where it hurts.

If the steak and pepper pies go, then that really will be the end of it for me :(

it's another season another new dawn we start on a level pairing with everyone else,, as we do every season...win or lose av a booze take the day as it comes enjoy life enjoy footee enjoy the latics :grin:

it's another season another new dawn we start on a level pairing with everyone else,, as we do every season...win or lose av a booze take the day as it comes enjoy life enjoy footee enjoy the latics :grin:

You know what? The moment the season ticket discounts are announced I always get a sudden boost of expectation, and an urge to order my season ticket.

I suppose it's habit now, rather than anticipation.

Like most people on here who are annoyed with the way the season always seems to peter out, I suppose there is always that glimmer of hope that we will put a full season of effort in, and reach that goal of promotion.

As soon as my ticket pops through the letterbox it almost appears as though it should be stamped "Good for two thirds of the season". This season I'd like to see it packed with vouchers for "Priority ticket allocation for cup semi-finals and play-off games" - maybe that will raise my hopes a bit :grin:

Whatever happens, I'm still going after 38 years, and probably will after 58 years - I just hope the (New?) manager spots our weaknesses and is allowed the finances to rectify them.

Alright Kelvin - Kelvin Lomax - eeh I dunno!

I know everything aint rosy but we still have a few young exciting players that can be nurtured into real good quazlity players and with a mix of experienced capitan's that BFJ can bring in - it aint all doom n gloom next seas!!

I know we have to cut the budget next season but I would at least like to stay up!!!

Entertaining for who, the away fans who will come to BP to see their teams bang four or five past that lot with considerable ease??

No offence mate but I think thats an awful team. Id personally keep (from a playing point of view, id happlily get rid if they are causing problems behind the scenes) Flemming, Eardley, Gregan, Hazell, Allott, Taylor, Smalley and maybe Lee and Stam. And half of those I would only want to be squad players. This is of course based on having a good budget as we would have to bring in a lot of new faces. However as money is tight I can see the majority still being first teamers, which makes me very worried!

Edited by wozz_oafc

O'Grady, lol. That's exactly why we won't get promoted.

I'd say he's bad, but i've probably only seen him play 60 minutes for us altogether. Find it unfair to judge.

Lomax is a player no where near good enough for a team that wants to challenge for promotion.

No offence mate but I think thats an awful team. Id personally keep (from a playing point of view, id happlily get rid if they are causing problems behind the scenes) Flemming, Eardley, Gregan, Hazell, Allott, Taylor, Smalley and maybe Lee and Stam. And half of those I would only want to be squad players. This is of course based on having a good budget as we would have to bring in a lot of new faces. However as money is tight I can see the majority still being first teamers, which makes me very worried!

Taylor is the club's biggest asset by a mile.

Even if he is one of the players that is causing problems behind the scenes ?

While on the field I think he has the best attitude and work ethic of any player in the squad, he really cares about the club and always puts it in even when he's not playing well, given that I find it hard to believe he is the cause of many off the field problems.

While on the field I think he has the best attitude and work ethic of any player in the squad, he really cares about the club and always puts it in even when he's not playing well, given that I find it hard to believe he is the cause of many off the field problems.

....I thought it was clear everyone was talking hypothetically...

....I thought it was clear everyone was talking hypothetically...

Hypothetical or not, I was replying to a post which suggested we got rid of Taylor, as our greatest asset I couldn't think of any reason to do so, as hypothetically or in reality I could not see how the player with the best on the field attitude of anyone in the squad would or could be the cause of all our off the field problems.

Hypothetical or not, I was replying to a post which suggested we got rid of Taylor, as our greatest asset I couldn't think of any reason to do so, as hypothetically or in reality I could not see how the player with the best on the field attitude of anyone in the squad would or could be the cause of all our off the field problems.

Did you miss read the post ?

Id personally keep (from a playing point of view, id happlily get rid if they are causing problems behind the scenes) Flemming, Eardley, Gregan, Hazell, Allott, Taylor, Smalley and maybe Lee and Stam.

The point in brackets is nothing but hypothetical....

But their is no point keeping ANY player that is causing problems

Edited by oafc0000

Did you miss read the post ?

The point in brackets is nothing but hypothetical....

But their is no point keeping ANY player that is causing problems

I only ever skim read posts on here, otherwise you'd be logged in nearly 24 hours a day.

Anyway the point I'm in absolute reality trying to make is that even hypothetically its wrong to think that Taylor could be the cause of all our off the field problems.

I only ever skim read posts on here, otherwise you'd be logged in nearly 24 hours a day.

Anyway the point I'm in absolute reality trying to make is that even hypothetically its wrong to think that Taylor could be the cause of all our off the field problems.

:blink:

I dont think anyone said that though... Whatever...moving on...

Jesus lads I knew it was grim up North, but some of these posts make me want to give up breathing...

How any man with half a brain can say that a club at our level would not want to keep Neal Eardley baffles me. This constant carping about him is ridiculous - if he's not good enough then there are a lot of clubs in a lot of trouble next year.

I agree with the overall point of the post, because in Taylor, Eardley, Fleming and Smalley we have four young lads who are well capable of going on to be very good footballers indeed. Lee looks good too, and I'll be very interested to see him once he's got a starting spot and is match fit.

Stephens and Black haven't been tested yet, but from what little we know they are considered to be good prospects. I'm concerned that Alessandra and O'Grady haven't got goals in them, but then I don't think the latter got a fair crack of the whip this year and the former shows promise sporadically.

As for the defence, last season we were all indebted to a fine Hazell-Stam partnership that kept us on the fringes of the play-offs despite having a serious problem getting the ball in the net.

Why does a bad end to the season render all the above obselete? I think we've blown a big chance this year, but there are some good players in the mix above and if we can get them all pulling together and get the team spirit back then there's no reason that we can't have a good season. Whether that means pulling into the top half with a small budget or buying a goal-scorer and hoping for the play-offs we'll have to wait and see.

It'll be an interesting close season, but for God's sake take the noose off, put the gun down and think rationally about what we do have, rather than taking the collapse of a hugely disappointing season as the end of the world.