where were the players at the end ?

brad

Should the players have come out?  

117 members have voted

1. 1. Did you want the players to come out?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Even if you didnt, should they have done anyway?

• Yes
    • No

Guest sheridans_world
Im amazed anyone was left behind, seem to me the whole stadium was tipping out....

I think people are just finding one last thing to have a pop about...mountain out of a mole hill...the vast majority couldnt give a monkey...

Accoring to the poll, the "vast" majority is two-thirds. That would suggest that just short of 1500 people stayed behind. That said, another 1500 fans say they think the players should have come out, even though they didnt want to see them.

Do it for the kids, you know.

The stewards pouncing on people telling them the players werent coming out straight away would have fuelled the "mass walkout" too. I'm not a fan of the mini-hitlers, especially when I'm trying to say goodbye to a friend that I'm not going to see until the new season, but if they hadnt have said anything, more people would have stayed.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im amazed anyone was left behind, seem to me the whole stadium was tipping out....

I think people are just finding one last thing to have a pop about...mountain out of a mole hill...the vast majority couldnt give a monkey...

Some traditions are best kept. This season set a bad precedent for me. Not only left a bitter taste it leaves open the gulf between fans and players/club.

That was a 1st yesterday! It matters...despite whether you or others care! That's the problem though....too many not caring (or pretending to care till it suits!)....too many crying off rebuying new ST's....the cancer within our club! The "I want us to have a big budget but I'm starving the club of my cash"....No wonder we're looking at a :censored: budget off TTA next season and the players generally can't be arsed either!

You're quite right, but this assumes that everything happens on a rational and logical basis when the opposite is usually the case.

If a club constantly lets its fans down, a section of them inevitably get fed up and desert the club even though they know it will suffer financially and this pains most of them further. The club is then left with the dilemma of how to win them back despite a vastly reduced income. Usually these days, this is done by somehow attracting new investment that usually makes, as we have seen, an immediate difference to what happens on the pitch, but as decline sets in this investment proves increasingly elusive. And that's in relatively good times for an economy.

The problem is particularly acute for a club with a limited and, due to developments in the game, shrinking fanbase like Latics.

Worrying times indeed.

Edited by Corporal_Jones

Accoring to the poll, the "vast" majority is two-thirds. That would suggest that just short of 1500 people stayed behind. That said, another 1500 fans say they think the players should have come out, even though they didnt want to see them.

Do it for the kids, you know.

The stewards pouncing on people telling them the players werent coming out straight away would have fuelled the "mass walkout" too. I'm not a fan of the mini-hitlers, especially when I'm trying to say goodbye to a friend that I'm not going to see until the new season, but if they hadnt have said anything, more people would have stayed.

I would be amazed if there was as many as 1500 still in the stadium...

To clear a few rumours up about why? my brother is a steward and they were told at the beginning of the game to usher the fans out at the end because the players were not coming back out....club decision? not abuse or misiles