where were the players at the end ?

brad

Should the players have come out?  

117 members have voted

1. 1. Did you want the players to come out?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Even if you didnt, should they have done anyway?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The majority wouldnt of stayed behind. Granted, but even if there was one lone blone out of 5,000 left 5 minutes after full time - the players would still be expected to go and show their appreciation.

Then again, what do you expect from a bunch of players who the vast majority are off down the tunnel immediately come full time without even acknowledging the travelling fans.

i would have been pissed off if they DID come out.

they had nothing to come out for.

The idea of the players thanking us for spending 100s, no 1000s of pounds a season following them, dosnt appeal to you then...then you cudda just left couldnt you???

I'm not sure about the lap of honour - far too much of a connotation of victory associated with that. But should they have come out to applaud the fans who had spent their hard earned cash to follow them all season, and who had bothered themselves to turn up (and pay in the case of non-ST holders) to see a match that was so depressingly meaningless? Too right, they should.

I think there are some people who can not talk about this as disrespectful as some of the s**t i have heard shouted at players this season from the main stand is more than disrespectful.

and therein lies the problem.. also don't think it's isolated to the main stand either!!

we have a society that believes it has a right to verbally abuse people because they pay money for their services... personally speaking i'm waiting for the day when a player has the balls to be open enough to tell the club/press/fans that they're not coming/staying due to the crap that directed at them on a weekly basis!

when it happens, if it's not already! then for those that don't realise, that is the beginning of the end!!

about the pitch invastion it was pointless if we would survived relegation or got promoted i would of gone on

We have survived relegation.

Agree that the pitch invasion was pointless, but there can't surely have been many people over 8 or 9 years old on the pitch, I wouldn't have thought.

We have survived relegation.

Agree that the pitch invasion was pointless, but there can't surely have been many people over 8 or 9 years old on the pitch, I wouldn't have thought.

The pitch invasion excuse is a nonsense anyway. It happens every year and every year we're told the players want to return to the pitch to show their appreciation but won't do so until the pitch is cleared.

The players obviously chose not to.

and therein lies the problem.. also don't think it's isolated to the main stand either!!

we have a society that believes it has a right to verbally abuse people because they pay money for their services... personally speaking i'm waiting for the day when a player has the balls to be open enough to tell the club/press/fans that they're not coming/staying due to the crap that directed at them on a weekly basis!

when it happens, if it's not already! then for those that don't realise, that is the beginning of the end!!

Didnt Richard Butcher get the treatment at Barnsley away and went onto the transfer list because he could not handle it ?

Didnt Richard Butcher get the treatment at Barnsley away and went onto the transfer list because he could not handle it ?

After that and Dean Holden at Hull I would expect a worse reaction than that had they done a lap of honour

Another case of people making a mountain out of a molehill, cant say i`m all to bothered if they came out or not.

Hey, just coz you're not arsed, ya can shove your "mountain out of molehills" up your arse!!! 1st time in probably decades it's not happened...certainly in my time following. Just coz you don't care...don't go about insulting others with your rubbish! Maybe it works both ways...maybe coz the fans can't be arsed, maybe they can't eh!

Hey, just coz you're not arsed, ya can shove your "mountain out of molehills" up your arse!!! 1st time in probably decades it's not happened...certainly in my time following. Just coz you don't care...don't go about insulting others with your rubbish! Maybe it works both ways...maybe coz the fans can't be arsed, maybe they can't eh!

:lol:

As i said mountain out of a molehill.

who cares?????????????????????????????????????????????????????

i thought they had given up and they where :censored:?.....worst season ever?

i get the impression , the ones who are moaning on here thought we are rubbish, and we had give up

why do you want them to come back out?????????

to clap or to boo?

NEW POLL!

who cares?????????????????????????????????????????????????????

i thought they had given up and they where :censored:?.....worst season ever?

i get the impression , the ones who are moaning on here thought we are rubbish, and we had give up

why do you want them to come back out?????????

to clap or to boo?

NEW POLL!

Another one...how about to applaud the ones who did deserve it for their efforts? What a novel notion that might be???

Next time people cry about football changing, traditions broken, players earning too much...think back to times where the mould was first broken...leading down to new pastures...despite what you think, there are some players who did deserve a thank you! Taylor for one!

That was a 1st yesterday! It matters...despite whether you or others care! That's the problem though....too many not caring (or pretending to care till it suits!)....too many crying off rebuying new ST's....the cancer within our club! The "I want us to have a big budget but I'm starving the club of my cash"....No wonder we're looking at a :censored: budget off TTA next season and the players generally can't be arsed either!

Edited by boundaryblue80

That was a 1st yesterday! It matters...despite whether you or others care! That's the problem though....too many not caring (or pretending to care till it suits!)....too many crying off rebuying new ST's....the cancer within our club! The "I want us to have a big budget but I'm starving the club of my cash"....No wonder we're looking at a :censored: budget off TTA next season and the players generally can't be arsed either!

Quite so. Then, when the team struggles, they will say "Told you it wasn't worth getting a ST".