where were the players at the end ?

brad

Should the players have come out?  

117 members have voted

1. 1. Did you want the players to come out?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Even if you didnt, should they have done anyway?

• Yes
    • No

it was a disgrace when the players did not come out. We have supported them all year and they repay us with nothing they dont even care. heard to day of one of the players dad said we have signed a cb from man city who was on trialist.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it was a disgrace when the players did not come out. We have supported them all year and they repay us with nothing they dont even care. heard to day of one of the players dad said we have signed a cb from man city who was on trialist.

sorry bad gramer he was one of the 5 trialist

Guest sheridans_world

Its a disgrace. As you say, fans follow these people through thick and thin all season.

Its nice to have a bit of appreciation from the people who's wages we pay!!

Its a disgrace. As you say, fans follow these people through thick and thin all season.

different people have different views...if i had gone today i wouldnt of stayed behind anyway,not after the gutless performances we have had to put up with this season.

i certainly wouldnt of applauded them for a lap of honour,you have to achieve something to deserve one of those.

Guest sheridans_world
different people have different views...if i had gone today i wouldnt of stayed behind anyway,not after the gutless performances we have had to put up with this season.

i certainly wouldnt of applauded them for a lap of honour,you have to achieve something to deserve one of those.

Its tradition, regardless of the season you have, its a chance for the players to thank the fans.

Shows they dont give a toss.

Its tradition, regardless of the season you have, its a chance for the players to thank the fans.

maybe the management told them not to do one regardless of tradition,for fear of people becoming too emotional and hurling abuse and other things...

this is the first season i have missed the last home game in a very very long time.....like you say its tradition.but with the way they have played they dont deserve it,and i havent missed it either,that should tell you something about the gutless underachieving high earning waste of talent you are so desperate to cheer round the pitch,to inflate there ego.s even further.

Another case of people making a mountain out of a molehill, cant say i`m all to bothered if they came out or not.

Exactly, why do they NEED to come out. I dont know what all this crap about loyaty is. They are doing their JOB. You all act like they would be unemployed if they didnt have the honour of playing for Oldham.

Their performances show they dont give a toss not the fact that they didn't come back out after the game.

I didn't give a monkey's anyway, I was half way up Broadway by then.

First time in all the years I've followed Latics that the players haven't shown their respects to the fans. DISGRACE. As for it being caused by the fans running on at the end..........................happens every year. I reckon it's cos they didn't want to see all the empty stands which perhaps this season deserved. Not only that most of them won't be here. As for Mayer coming out, it was only to clap the Southend fans, He clapped um and walked back off.

Edited by Lags

Maybe they'd have stayed out if it wasn't for the usual end of season pitch invasion of 8 year olds...

perhaps they thought they might get booed, or have about 5 people clapping. they werent up for the possible embarrassment. :grin:

I can't remember the last time I applauded the players off the pitch for their performance during the game so I was definately not going to stay to clap them on a lap of honour seriously have we ever had a worse 2nd half to a season?

Edited by GlossopLatic

It didnt feel right... To many people where leaving as well... I think the club did right...

the players will clap the fans at walsall im sure of that but i agree they should have come out to show their appreciation to the fans who bothered to stay behind,personally i was on my way up sheepfoot lane they dont deserve clapping for their performances of last few months

I was one of the few who stayed by to wait for the players, but I can not blame them for not wanting to come out and clap 50 or so people spread out across a desolate Boundary park, it would have simply been embarrasing for them and us.

I think there are some people who can not talk about this as disrespectful as some of the s**t i have heard shouted at players this season from the main stand is more than disrespectful.

However a season of a few and many downs is now out of the way and we can look forward to a new manager (as I believe that Joe wont stay) and a few new players, and a fresh season of hope. Not sure how many new faces we can afford to bring in even if we sell some players.

Anyway thats enough from me

KTF

Edited by adrianpshaw