DVD to ipod type software

Snookmeister

Anyone know of a good, free piece of software that will convert my dvds (no, not THOSE kind of dvds) so that I can put them on my ipod?

I've had a look at some of the ones on the pinned thread, but not sure if they'll do the job.

Must be idiot proof please!!!

Cheers.

Cheers Rummy. I'll give it a go.

Dan, this used to drive me up the wall. I used to use two programs, one to convert the DVD into a mammoth video file (a film ended up about 4 Gb) and then Videora to convert the big file into an MP4 by compressing it. The whole process took about 4 hours or so and at the end of it the quality was a bit ropey (fine for iPod, dog:censored: on iTunes). And even then, sometimes the sound would be irritatingly out of sync with the video, it was all a bit random.

My mate gave me something called DVD Fab a few months ago and it's been ace. It rips a DVD to either another DVD, or any other format for portables (including iPods, PSP's, Phones, Nintendo DS etc), does it all in one go (full film takes about an hour) and doesn't compress too much to lose quality. plus, no problems with the sound/video sync either, so I heartily recommend it. I got a cracked copy, so I think if you searched for a DVD Fab cracked torrent you'll be well in with that. Failing that, think it only costs about $25 anyway.

Google for it mate.

Dan, this used to drive me up the wall. I used to use two programs, one to convert the DVD into a mammoth video file (a film ended up about 4 Gb) and then Videora to convert the big file into an MP4 by compressing it. The whole process took about 4 hours or so and at the end of it the quality was a bit ropey (fine for iPod, dog:censored: on iTunes). And even then, sometimes the sound would be irritatingly out of sync with the video, it was all a bit random.

My mate gave me something called DVD Fab a few months ago and it's been ace. It rips a DVD to either another DVD, or any other format for portables (including iPods, PSP's, Phones, Nintendo DS etc), does it all in one go (full film takes about an hour) and doesn't compress too much to lose quality. plus, no problems with the sound/video sync either, so I heartily recommend it. I got a cracked copy, so I think if you searched for a DVD Fab cracked torrent you'll be well in with that. Failing that, think it only costs about $25 anyway.

Google for it mate.

Nice one Jamie.

Handbrake doesn't rip copy protected DVDs, only "home made" efforts, so I used a trial version of AnyDVD, then Handbrake to convert to Mpeg4, which worked, and worked well, but took about 3-4 hours in total. The trial only lasts 21 days and is then $50. So I looked around a bit more and found Cucusoft Video Converter which seems to come highly recommended and costs about $30, got that one on trial as well so we'll see how that one performs. I'll also check out DVD Fab

I'll probably use whatever I decide on quite a lot with all the kids DVDs that I'm trying to convert for holidays etc, so might well end up buying a "proper" one!

Cheers