Soz peeps but....

I think, as you well know, that it is a reflection of who is appointed in comparison to the previous (permanent) manager rather than the job Penney has actually (not yet) done.

Actually I didn't, but thanks for clarifying that for me.

Don't think the club has advanced getting rid of Shezza and getting JR/DP.

There got it off me chest!

Good for you for getting it off your chest! And in reply...Seb Hines, Jan Budtz...phew, there, got that off my chest!

We've definitely progressed...instead of starting next season at this level with a manager who dismantled a good team in season 1, struggled with injuries and egos in season 2 and struggled with egos, pushing us forward and just the job of managing a team in season 3, we get to start with a new manager who has a clean slate. And knows what he's doing...as proven elsewhere.

In my view, the more I look at Season 1, then 2 and then 3 of Shez's...he definitely took us backwards! More so in his last 6mths than ever!

I think we would have finished higher with shez and hughes still in

Do you? Interesting how you mention those two...failing to mention Seb Hines and Jan Budtz...two of the worst players ever to wear the shirt...with those two in defence, Hughes could stick in 3 goals a game and we'd lose 4-3!

No, with Shez in, I doubt we would even have got the 4pts we have! We can all do that guessing game...

Shez had a good start, but increasingly his signings were questionable and this season has been steadily drifting away since long before he got the chop.

The guy is a legend for his playing performances, and I remember his first couple of seasons fondly. You can't ignore the fact though that this season has been appalling and the most corrosive in terms of the club's support that I can ever remember.

That said though I don't just blame Shez - so-called senior players look to have let him down badly, and I'd question the support he received from Dux and Tommy Wright. A sad end to a club legend, but had to be done for mine...

and the most corrosive in terms of the club's support that I can ever remember.

Wow...thought that accolade went to Ronnie? You're spot on though...and I expected it in season one...but Shez inherited a side with some bloody good players, a couple who are currently in the league above (and some who were always being fired off in the summer...*cough* Branston *cough* Butcher *cough*)

Edited by boundaryblue80

Good for you for getting it off your chest! And in reply...Seb Hines, Jan Budtz...phew, there, got that off my chest!

We've definitely progressed...instead of starting next season at this level with a manager who dismantled a good team in season 1, struggled with injuries and egos in season 2 and struggled with egos, pushing us forward and just the job of managing a team in season 3, we get to start with a new manager who has a clean slate. And knows what he's doing...as proven elsewhere.

In my view, the more I look at Season 1, then 2 and then 3 of Shez's...he definitely took us backwards! More so in his last 6mths than ever!

good point ross..but the point everyone is missing...ronnie was the man that WOULD OF TAKEN US UP