Problem with Internet connection

Ackey

An unsual one which I can't peg down...

When online via the wireless my internet is stopping. It's not the network, as I can use other laptops/iPhone to access it fine. It seems to be Firefox somehow, but when it dies it also stops Chrome/IE from working too.

If I diagnose the network connection it tells me that it's fine. Full bars, no errors. It just stops working.

I'm using Firefox (add ons include ABP, which I thought might be at fault but doesn't seem to be), Vista, ZoneAlarm and AVG.

I've tried combinations of things turned on/off and I just can't get it.

Any offers?

I have the same problem. no idea what it is. seems to be firefox, but it did start around the time i downloaded the new avg and messenger.

I suspected it was FF3.0.10 + AVG to be honest. I'll drop them a line.

OK, so COMODO doesn't seem to have built in Anti-Virus? It's replaced Zonealarm no problems, but Vista is now telling me I don't have anti-virus and I can't find an anti-virus option in the COMODO control panel either....?

Told you get one of these. http://www.yoggie.com/ have one on a £4000+ Dell for animation/ games design work, 8gb Memory, Dual SLi cards. Absolutely fantastic never a problem.

This im on is a pile of Philips crap and still ok with the above. (Remember Philips dont even make PCs they just sell the name to PC :censored:e)

Got COMODOR working, the install had corrupted.

A Gatekeeper is on my "once I'm not unemployed" to buy list!

You definitely downloaded the COMODO Internet Security Suite http://personalfirewall.comodo.com/download_firewall.html which is everything all in one?

You can get them separately but, this version above is the whole kaboodle...

Yeh ta. The free 'all in one' one... like I say, the install corrupted for some reason, reinstall has sorted it though. Hopefully it will fix the other problems I've been having.

I'll let you know, I'm sure you're on the edge of your seat! :wink:

For those of you on the edge of your seat 48 hours of testing suggests that COMODO fixed the problem.

Well, I say that. But I had AVG set up to remove tracking cookies on the fly and I don't know how to set COMODO to do that... I have a feeling that might have been the problem to be honest.