two fans banned for 3 years

a 40 year old man and a 14 year old have been banned for 3 years from football grounds after shouting GAY BOY at campbell in a spurs v portsmouth game.

i am guessing when i assume they were spurs fans as he used to play for arsenal. :shock:

a 40 year old man and a 14 year old have been banned for 3 years from football grounds after shouting GAY BOY at campbell in a spurs v portsmouth game.

i am guessing when i assume they were spurs fans as he used to play for arsenal. :shock:

Was it just gat boy? have you got a link?

i am guessing when i assume they were spurs fans as he used to play for arsenal.

he also used to play for spurs an was made public enemy number 1 when he sold them out for arsenal. mite have had more of a baring than him jus playing for arsenal

sorry forgot he used to play for spurs :blush:

I think it crosses a line between jovial taunting of an opposition player and being downright nasty. This is nasty.

I don't like things like this ending up in court. I do think Sol Campbell should rise above it.

It sets are rather worrying precedent that could affect every fan of every team who chooses to sing unkind songs.

(turn your monitor off if you are easily offended - mods, use your discretion .... will understand if you delete it but here goes):

\/

\/

\/

\/

\/

\/

\/

\/

Sol sol wherever you may be

not long now til lunacy

and we won't give a fcuk

when you're hanging from a tree

judas c*nt with hiv

Gets mental health, KKK and gay references in to 5 lines, without being overtly racist or homophobic.

Edited by opinions4u

I think it crosses a line between jovial taunting of an opposition player and being downright nasty. This is nasty.

I don't like things like this ending up in court. I do think Sol Campbell should rise above it.

It sets are rather worrying precedent that could affect every fan of every team who chooses to sing unkind songs.

(turn your monitor off if you are easily offended - mods, use your discretion .... will understand if you delete it but here goes):

\/

\/

\/

\/

\/

\/

\/

\/

Sol sol wherever you may be

not long now til lunacy

and we won't give a fcuk

when you're hanging from a tree

judas c*nt with hiv

Gets mental health, KKK and gay references in to 5 lines.

Is that what they were singing yeh? mmmmm

Its gonna give the 'die die Ricketts morons' some ideas if they see this!

I'd rather it didn't have to come to court, i'd prefer it if people were told to shut the f**k up by their fellow supporters when they come out with chants like this,but if prosecutions are what it takes then so be it. There's a big difference between 'unkind songs' - eg the ian moore song - and just plain offensive - eg the 'always look out for turks carrying knives' that some muppets were singing during the leeds game.

Its against the law to chant racist or homophobic abuse at someone- but if you are black you can call each other nigger and I'd expect certain homosexuals call each other gay boy or similar. There is a fine line between football banter and offensive chanting- I will admit to being very close to the line on a few occasions and some of my mates have said worse. This strikes me as it upsetting an individual who cried wolf and then they manged to find people chanting something illegal. If everything illegal done at football grounds was punished with same sentance then there would be very few fans left. I'm not saying that whatever happened is right but I've heard far worse at football grounds (and on the internet glorifying it). There is a fine line between punishing stuff which is offensive and punishing something which is contradicting the right of free speach.

Its against the law to chant racist or homophobic abuse at someone- but if you are black you can call each other nigger and I'd expect certain homosexuals call each other gay boy or similar. There is a fine line between football banter and offensive chanting- I will admit to being very close to the line on a few occasions and some of my mates have said worse. This strikes me as it upsetting an individual who cried wolf and then they manged to find people chanting something illegal. If everything illegal done at football grounds was punished with same sentance then there would be very few fans left. I'm not saying that whatever happened is right but I've heard far worse at football grounds (and on the internet glorifying it). There is a fine line between punishing stuff which is offensive and punishing something which is contradicting the right of free speach.

Sorry, but that is mainly bollocks. It's all about context. It's how you say it, no matter who is saying it.

These lads were obviously saying it in a bigoted manner.

Again they (well one of) were obviously being stupid and no where near the worst offenders t the game (see above)).

NB. Paul Reid is still a **** &%*%% &&$^$%&^$%*""£$& (fill in as appropriate with homophobic/racist/PaulReidist abuse)

Edited by OldhamSheridan

Thinking about this logically...

These people call Campbell gay (or something to that extent), he takes offence... Who has the problem ? It seems that it is Campbell that seems to think being gay isnt all that great :D

I love this :censored:ed up PC world we live in :D

There's a big difference between 'unkind songs' - eg the ian moore song - and just plain offensive - eg the 'always look out for turks carrying knives' that some muppets were singing during the leeds game.
Can a magistrate or jury define the difference?

It's all about context. It's how you say it, no matter who is saying it.
Can a magistrate or jury define the difference?

It's still out of order. Zero sympathy for those singing it getting done for it.
And if Ronnie Moore's wife took offence and you, a member of your family or a good mate were caught on CCTV singing something about her collecting cash for sex?

I genuinely take the view that the law should be more worried about the sticks and stones that break my bones. Not the words that people use or the thoughts that people think. Read Orwell's 1984. He was right and our society is poorer for it.

Edited by opinions4u