Newcastle.........

If I was Shearer I'd go for a jog this week and dust my boots off.

If I was Shearer I'd roll around on the floor pissing my sides at the fact that firstly I'd been paid shedloads of money firstly in the form of TV Tax to be astoundingly dull on the BBC, then been paid a fortune to be Iain Davros' puppet at Newcastle.

If I was Shearer I'd roll around on the floor pissing my sides at the fact that firstly I'd been paid shedloads of money firstly in the form of TV Tax to be astoundingly dull on the BBC, then been paid a fortune to be Iain Davros' puppet at Newcastle.

He may have known where the net was during his career.

he may be a Toon legend (although I always thought his ego was bigger than the club).

As a manager? Respect for the player he was he'll get. But an ability to motivate players to do the business on the pitch? Time may prove me wrong but I don't think so.

Totally agree - very dull man.

I like Shearer, loved watching him play and liked the fact he turned down guaranteed success with United to play for his home town club. He also did the biz for England when I cared about them. He was a big star and yet down to earth - like many say of players back in the day. Working class hero and all that....and not a dull one by the accounts of many who know him.

Needless to say, the barcodes going down would create much hilarity for me. So I too will be an Aston Villa fan for the day (and Hull and Sunderland).

As for Shearer. An England hero. But as a manager - well to quote himself - a manager should start at the bottom and work his way up.

Please go down. Please go into administration. Please fail in a Leedsesque manner.

Needless to say, the barcodes going down would create much hilarity for me. So I too will be an Aston Villa fan for the day (and Hull and Sunderland).

As for Shearer. An England hero. But as a manager - well to quote himself - a manager should start at the bottom and work his way up.

Please go down. Please go into administration. Please fail in a Leedsesque manner.

Bar the fact I want Sunderland to go down and suffer a Southamptonesque fate as well I couldn't agree with this more. If the toon army were such massive followers of Newcastle they would have had more than 15000 when in the relegation zone of what is now the Championship when under Osvald Ardilles

Shearer has poured poison into every manager at the club since he was last a player there. I would love it, just love it, if he takes them down. It says everything about him that he happened to invite the fans to an open training seassion the day he decided to take a hands on training session with his strikers. Who's benefit was that for, Big Al?

Shearer has poured poison into every manager at the club since he was last a player there. I would love it, just love it, if he takes them down. It says everything about him that he happened to invite the fans to an open training seassion the day he decided to take a hands on training session with his strikers. Who's benefit was that for, Big Al?

Another way of looking at it is that most young Newcastle fans would give a years pocket money to watch 'Striker Training With Shearer', and he has accomodated some of them. Would they have enjoyed watching 'Defending Set Pieces With Shearer'?

I'd be down to Little Wembley in a flash to watch Stitch show Wolfy a few things... :)

Another way of looking at it is that most young Newcastle fans would give a years pocket money to watch 'Striker Training With Shearer', and he has accomodated some of them. Would they have enjoyed watching 'Defending Set Pieces With Shearer'?

I'd be down to Little Wembley in a flash to watch Stitch show Wolfy a few things... :)

I see it more like, "Shearer once again plays to the muppet fans." When his strikers can't buy a goal between them and are at rock bottom, why would he get the public in to remind them that he was better than they are? Hardly going to fill them with confidence. It's like Glenn Hoddle, only he did it in private at least.

I see it more like, "Shearer once again plays to the muppet fans." When his strikers can't buy a goal between them and are at rock bottom, why would he get the public in to remind them that he was better than they are? Hardly going to fill them with confidence. It's like Glenn Hoddle, only he did it in private at least.

:lol: A third way of looking at it...

I want them to stay up - I like em - I like the noiz, the passion. And they beat United 5-1 a few years ago. And scum fans hate em. Come on the Toon, piss the scumheads off.

Leeds make lots of noise and are passionate fans but it doesn't hide the fact they're arrogant c*nts with the classic big club mentality thinking they can do what they like. Newcastle are exactly the same if not worse, constantly bollocking on about their amazing support, the same amazing support that turns on any manager who isn't a geordie within about 5 games of their appointment. They're without doubt the most ridiculously fickle fans in the country and believe they have a right to be challenging for the championship. Every year the same garbage, this year we have the team to make the champions league, we're the team to break the big 4, are they f***, they're a laughing stock and the sooner they're brought down to earth the better.