5 or 10 game ticket

Lookers_Carl

5 or 10 game ticket  

80 members have voted

1. 1. For people who do not have a season ticket but attend games, if any of the below options were made available, would you buy one?

• A 10 game ticket priced at £155 (£15.50 a game)
    • A 5 game ticket priced at at £80 (£16 a game)
    • Neither, prefer to pay on the day.

Other clubs of similar size have offered this sort of scheme, with all the problems you have mentioned - so if it is workable for them, with the right planning it could be workable for us. I mean we didn't sell out once last season and given the geography of the division next season it is highly unlikely we will do so against anyone next year despite the reduced capacity. IMO it is workable and I'm sure if AH devoted his vast expertise to this it could be implemented.

Perhaps once the fixtures are out, choose a window of 15-18 games to base the 10 games on. If you wanted to ensure a none logistical nightmare you could say 'any 10 games - excluding Leeds, Huddersfield, Stockport and Tranmere' or to take it further a book could be issued for specific games - the tickets are printed to order for individual games anyway so give prospective ticket holders a choice, tell 'em their seat is reserved and the club know they have to account for that number alongside ST holders - and potential pay on day customers. A 10 game ticket will work, it needs to be given a chance and let's face it it's a better idea than anything the club have come up with.

What about a 'Magnificent 7 Premier Package'

"Guarantee your tickets for the big games, demand is sure to be high so reserve them now for £110 - Leeds, Huddersfield, Stockport, Tranmere, Southampton, Norwich, Charlton - there's loads of ways this could be implemented. If the tickets are bought for specific games it could work give the fans a choice, let them cherry pick - bank the income! If bought for specific games within set parameters the seats are reserved no probs with paying on the day as the club already know how many spaces are left for POD.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

there is absolutely no chance i can afford a season ticket. but this would be perfect for me. i would 100% buy the ten game ticket if it was on offer. i would also have no problems with the club perhaps excluding the games against the likes of leeds from this. i would still be extremely interested.

"Guarantee your tickets for the big games, demand is sure to be high so reserve them now for £110 - Leeds, Huddersfield, Stockport, Tranmere, Southampton, Norwich, Charlton - there's loads of ways this could be implemented. If the tickets are bought for specific games it could work give the fans a choice, let them cherry pick - bank the income! If bought for specific games within set parameters the seats are reserved no probs with paying on the day as the club already know how many spaces are left for POD.

Like it! The number of games doesn't have to be 10.

However, the club cannot implement schemes that cause resentment, anger and frustration and that is the basis why I believe the scheme proposed would not work.

Getting that balance right is very important. Totally agree with that point, but I still think it's workable if the will is there to deliver it - the views (and buying habits) of those who won't take advantage of it are also very important.

I also don't think you could exclude cetain "A" fixtures, where would the incentive be?

I favour no exclusions, but certain fixtures would have to require 10 match ticket holders to reserve a seat within a short timescale. If this is a clear condition to the buyer, then I see no problem.

Many ideas have been suggested and tried previously and with the ticketing software that the club now has in place, it is easier to implement ideas than ever before.

Just needs more staff and windows now!

For me, the risk of losing fans after a "Yeovil" or "Bristol Rovers" is significantly reduced if you've got 10 games worth of money out of them up front.

Edited by opinions4u

I'd have one in a heartbeat. (Or I would if I don't get a student pass for next season). But that's because I'm going to 10 games anyway and I'm getting the same thing for cheaper this way. I'm not all that bothered about it not being valid for the Leeds game (and possibly others) because the Leeds game is on a Tues night for 'police reasons' and night games are invaribly impossible for me to get to. This is good for me buts its not good for the club- and I think it would be a similar situation for 90% of the people who'd be interested. Its a nice idea but I don't think its viable.

I do know one way of getting more people in the ground- play good football to get good results- works 99% of the time all the time.

£99 adults (£14 a game) that's an offer that would turn heads imo

Concessions £49 (£7 a game)

Juniors £14 (£2 a game - normally £3)

£99 adults (£14 a game) that's an offer that would turn heads imo

Concessions £49 (£7 a game)

Juniors £14 (£2 a game - normally £3)

My only concern now (as a season ticket holder) is that you are undercutting the value in a season ticket.

The same prices for a 'Super Six' set of fixtures ......

My only concern now (as a season ticket holder) is that you are undercutting the value in a season ticket.

The same prices for a 'Super Six' set of fixtures ......

we have to rise above that though, most that buy ST will do so NO MATTER WHAT, it's about gettingthe floater's bums on seats, if they are prepared to commit for 7 games, maybe for once the team will convince them to come back and pay £20 for the equivalent amount of games - so in the end the club will have made money. Dangle the carrot be seen to be actively promoting professional football at BP and continually ram the message home. Marketing costs money but if done correctly it could give the club's profile a much needed shot in the arm.

we have to rise above that though, most that buy ST will do so NO MATTER WHAT, it's about gettingthe floater's bums on seats, if they are prepared to commit for 7 games, maybe for once the team will convince them to come back and pay £20 for the equivalent amount of games - so in the end the club will have made money. Dangle the carrot be seen to be actively promoting professional football at BP and continually ram the message home. Marketing costs money but if done correctly it could give the club's profile a much needed shot in the arm.

And obviously this promotion can only be implemented once the fixtures are out. The promotion only becomes live a week or so before the season, allowing the club to maximise it's full season ticket revenue.

And obviously this promotion can only be implemented once the fixtures are out. The promotion only becomes live a week or so before the season, allowing the club to maximise it's full season ticket revenue.

This is a great idea. I am moving to South Yorkshire in September to spread the good word of Latics. It is inconceivable that I will get to every game, thus a season ticket is a non starter. My intention was only to go to a couple of home games and 4 or 5 away games or maybe more if we are doing well. Therefore a 5 game ticket would be ideal for me, but would I buy a 10 game ticket, of course I would.

That smacks a little of pulling a better offer out of the hat after you've taken the money from the 3000 hard core.

If people think a 5/7/10 match ticket is viable, then there are certain criteria it must pass:-

1. It's got to be dearer than a ST, which is £17.35 a game after today, for the Chaddy. £14.26 if you've already got it.

2. It's got to be cheaper than buy-in-advance which is £18.

3. It's got to be worthwhile to commit.

So, between £17.35 and £18 but offering a decent saving? And how many would moan that £155 for 10 games is only half of a ST and the club have therefore robbed the spare 3 games?

And finally, isn't it likely that most of the take up would be from people who would have attended anyway?

That smacks a little of pulling a better offer out of the hat after you've taken the money from the 3000 hard core.

If people think a 5/7/10 match ticket is viable, then there are certain criteria it must pass:-

1. It's got to be dearer than a ST, which is £17.35 a game after today, for the Chaddy. £14.26 if you've already got it.

So, between £17.35 and £18 but offering a decent saving? And how many would moan that £155 for 10 games is only half of a ST and the club have therefore robbed the spare 3 games?

And finally, isn't it likely that most of the take up would be from people who would have attended anyway?

Why's it got to be dearer? By holding the promotion back you target the floaters - if making a few games cheaper means we get the numbers in and a commitment for 5, 7 or 10 games that should be enough. I haven't a pot to piss in at the moment but have still committed to two season tickets. If others are prepared to commit to a shorter version of a ST well done to them and if they pay a couple of quid less per game than I pay pro-rata not bothered in the slightest and I hope the vast majority of ST holders will feel the same.

I don't envisage this being marketed at the same time as season tickets are on sale. Anybody got any idea how many people pay full price for a season ticket?

My first season ticket was bought for a half season. I've always been amazed that the club don't more actively market this at different times of the season (e.g. when you're top of the league after seven games why not actively sell the 19 or 20 game ticket then). A 10 (or 5,6,7 or whatever) match ticket provides flexibility that a season ticket doesn't. People will pay a premium for that.

May be I'm being slightly naughty here, but why do the club disocunt buying in advance? Are the main beneficiaries supporter of Leeds, Stockport or Huddersfield? You could abolish the buy in advance price, and effectively replace it with a buy several in advance ticket!

That would also mean you could generate an extra £2 per away fan who would currently benefit from a disocunt by paying in advance for a game they'd have attended if we'd charged £20 in advance. It's always struck me a a bizarre perversion of supply and demand that the club discounts tickets by 10% for a game where a bigger crowd is expected.

Yes.

The success or failure of the scheme is based on a number of factors.

There will be a segment of fans who will benefit at the expense of the club's finances.

There will also be some who will commit to 10 games who wouldn't have done previously - this would be extra income for the club.

There will be those who have drifted away from Latics, pulled back in - extra income.

There will be those who miss 2 or 3 games after a crap home performance who will feel obliged to attend the following week rather than watch Jeff Stelling (and even if they don't, their money is banked).

It would be a promotion that could run throughout the season ... if we'd sold 4 tickets for £70 the week Royle was appointed I susepct an extra £70k would have been pulled in by the club.

I'd abolish the £18 advance ticket offer and replace it with some sort of multi-ticket option.

10 for £160

6 for £99

3 for £55

Edited by opinions4u

It's definitely workable. The Manchester Phoenix Ice Hockey team do a similar scheme where they sell 4, 7 and 10 ticket packs. With them, you can use them how and when you like (excluding cup games). You don't need to attend 4 games if you buy 4 tickets, you can just split them with your mates and four of you can go to one game, or two of you can go to a couple of games. It's definitely workable. Not sure what t+c's they have, but I'm sure if Latics contacted them they would explain how they make it work.

You don't need to attend 4 games if you buy 4 tickets, you can just split them with your mates and four of you can go to one game

That would quantifiably reduce income, so I suspect it would be a flexibility too far for the club!

Edited by opinions4u

That would quantifiably reduce income, so I suspect it would be a flexibility too far for the club!

suppose if the club introduced a membership scheme (free of charge) and restricted a ten match ticket to a particular member then this may address that problem.

How exactly?

Because by making the ticket transferable that will certainly lead to groups of people who would have attended anyway buying one of these and breaking it down to save money. Less income for the club.

The aim has got to be to tie people in to attending more matches.

That said, I haven't worked out how they would avoid this!!

Edited by opinions4u

Because by making the ticket transferable that will certainly lead to groups of people who would have attended anyway buying one of these and breaking it down to save money. Less income for the club.

That said, I haven't worked out how they would avoid this!!

I would say by introducing a membership scheme (free of charge), issuing a membership card, an basically having your membership number associated with that five match ticket, so you have to show your membership card to accompany your 5 match ticket

OR

This is going back a bit, but remember when on busses they had them "clipper cards" that got you 10 bus journeys, they could possibly do the same with a ten match ticket, giving you one ticket, with 10 removable bits that can be clipped off by turnstile operator upon entry. This would prevent a five match ticket being spread amongst 5 mates for a single match

It's true that it would reduce income 'on paper' however if you have a group you generate a mentality. You generate a group of people who want to go week in week out together and so they may just go to that extra 1 or 2 games that they would not have done before and thus you make money.

Additionally, and this is a bit sneaky I suppose, I know two people last year who had Phoenix tickets that they bought and couldn't use in the end as they couldn't make the games. So the club made money from them for not even attending. The fans don't feel 'cheated' as they know they would have benefited if they'd been luckier with dates and what have you.

Additionally, and this is a bit sneaky I suppose, I know two people last year who had Phoenix tickets that they bought and couldn't use in the end as they couldn't make the games. So the club made money from them for not even attending. The fans don't feel 'cheated' as they know they would have benefited if they'd been luckier with dates and what have you.

Well why didn't you claim them?!