Newcastle advice

Hi Guys

im on a stag do in newcastle and whitley bay fri and sat whitley bay looks after itself with the england game but i was wondering if anyones been out in newcastle before (friday day and night)

if so could you gives us a heads up on decent places to go drinking pubs/ clubs areas and the like

any tips would be much appreciated

cheers

Hi Guys

im on a stag do in newcastle and whitley bay fri and sat whitley bay looks after itself with the england game but i was wondering if anyones been out in newcastle before (friday day and night)

if so could you gives us a heads up on decent places to go drinking pubs/ clubs areas and the like

any tips would be much appreciated

cheers

Newcastle is a strange place to go drinking, but is still quality. I went there a few months back on a weekend and went to the Quayside on the Friday and Bigg Market on the Saturday. The Quayside had a few pretty decent bars and a club/late bar down by the Quay but its name escapes me now.

However, as you mentioned it was a Stag Do, then then you might want to go to the Bigg Market as thats where they all seem to go. It has your usual bars such as Tiger Tiger which was busy but the pints werent great (especially considering they were £3.70 a pop). We went to Liquid Club on the Friday and to Carling Academy Saturday. Liquid was a complete meat market so good for a stag do, whereas the Carling Academy was more for the music and chatting to sexy rock chicks. I was so mashed both nights that im struggling to remember the name of the places. We relied on a mate of mine who is from Whitley Bay to take us round to the best places. Was a cracking weekend though.

Edited by Killens_physio

Quayside, obv. There used to be a Pitcher & Piano that was okay down there. Cross over the bridge and there's a place called Buffalo Joe's which is a good laugh (if it's still open) ((also, there's a fantastic restaurant called La Riviera right opposite - the food is incredible)). Baja was okay, too.

Steer clear of the Bigg Market.

Quayside, obv. There used to be a Pitcher & Piano that was okay down there. Cross over the bridge and there's a place called Buffalo Joe's which is a good laugh (if it's still open) ((also, there's a fantastic restaurant called La Riviera right opposite - the food is incredible)). Baja was okay, too.

Steer clear of the Bigg Market.

Ah yes Buffalo Joes. Was pretty good in there, especially as they had scantily clad women dancing on the bars. Oh and another thing, if you do end up in the Bigg Market, avoid Sinners at all costs. Hands down the worse place i have, or ever will frequent.

Ah yes Buffalo Joes. Was pretty good in there, especially as they had scantily clad women dancing on the bars. Oh and another thing, if you do end up in the Bigg Market, avoid Sinners at all costs. Hands down the worse place i have, or ever will frequent.

cheers guys, sounds promising

Sea Club on the quayside is where the footballers hang out. They have a funky house side and a R&B side but for a stag doo Buffalo Joes is good fun!!

Aah the stag do in Newcastle. It depends what you what. If you want meat markets (great for the singles amongst you- or those evil enough to try and split the groom up) then the Blu Bambu on the bigg market is the place to go, or you have the Boat with its revolving dance floor- (where the evil amongst you can :censored: the groom up by making him stand on the revolving section without going to the middle as its a pain to get on and off. As mentioned quayside has a few good pubs/bars. Tiger Tiger and the gate (Tiger Tiger is not in the Bigg market) is alright. Jesmond is a good one for some trendy bars but it is quite studentfied so might not be so busy with it being exam season. There are some good bars in and around the station- for the real ale connoiseurs there's head of steam (come out the station and turn right), plus there's mini Mr. Lynches which is quite trendy further down on the same road. If you turn left out of the station its 100 yds to the pink triangle where the best club in Newcastle (for house music) is (Digital)- some big name DJs play there so have a look who's on. Be wary (or not) of the few bars round there (opposite the centre for life) as they are mainly gay bars/ clubs which although nothing like Canal Street in manchester might not be the best place to go with a group of lads.

they are mainly gay bars/ clubs which although nothing like Canal Street in manchester might not be the best place to go with a group of lads.

:lol:

Gay bars not much good for a group of lads... how's that work then? :wink:

:lol:

Gay bars not much good for a group of lads... how's that work then? :wink:

A group of us were up in scotland about 5 years ago and booked into the jurys hotel (i think!) across this street....we only realised it was a street for the sausage jockey natured geezer when we were told that that we would have 2 pay £5 to get into a bar...we asked why do we have to pay "strippers are on lads" oh great we said" but before you go in, i'll just let you know..they're male......." Nooooooooooooooo We didn't bother.

So we dropped a bit of a testicle booking and staying there, but ended up on the market...ok i guess and we went on that smelly boat!! full of sweat and sticky beer stains on the bottom of your slip ons....but a decent laugh if there's a few of you (though it can be a bit brian clough, so go easy...)

A group of us were up in scotland about 5 years ago and booked into the jurys hotel (i think!) across this street....we only realised it was a street for the sausage jockey natured geezer when we were told that that we would have 2 pay £5 to get into a bar...we asked why do we have to pay "strippers are on lads" oh great we said" but before you go in, i'll just let you know..they're male......." Nooooooooooooooo We didn't bother.

So we dropped a bit of a testicle booking and staying there, but ended up on the market...ok i guess and we went on that smelly boat!! full of sweat and sticky beer stains on the bottom of your slip ons....but a decent laugh if there's a few of you (though it can be a bit brian clough, so go easy...)

Aside from it being in the gay section of Newcastle- Jury's is probably the best hotel in Newcastle (there are a number better in the surrounding countryside). Although the Malmaison on the Quayside is a good shout too- but its a :censored: to find if you are in a car as there are a load of one way streets round it. But don't take my word for it- I have no need of a hotel in Newcastle

Aside from it being in the gay section of Newcastle- Jury's is probably the best hotel in Newcastle (there are a number better in the surrounding countryside). Although the Malmaison on the Quayside is a good shout too- but its a :censored: to find if you are in a car as there are a load of one way streets round it. But don't take my word for it- I have no need of a hotel in Newcastle

That's very true rude...the hotel was one of the better ones up there....

i guess we should have and inevitably did, chosen our bars a tad better :wink::blush: