Help a fella out

Hi all, hoping for a bit of help

I'll be returning to the motherland in August, for a 3 week vacation in Sunny Shaw. In tow will be the wife and 11 month old, whose indoctrination has been scheduled on the 8th. Poor bugger gets to see Swindon, too.

However, with Shaw (and Oldham) not being all roses, sunshine, bright lights, was wondering if any posters on here could either:

Recommend baby-friendly things to do within striking distance of the town,

OR

A one week (British or foreign) baby-friendly getaway.

Cheers in advance for any input.

KC

Not sure if this is quite the thing you are looking for but my sister in law and family have just had a week at Centreparks in the Lake District with their 6 or 7 month old baby and thoroughly enjoyed it. Seems to cater well for the little 'uns.

On 11th August we play Carlisle in the Cola cup so you would be in the area to get to that too.

Hi all, hoping for a bit of help

I'll be returning to the motherland in August, for a 3 week vacation in Sunny Shaw. In tow will be the wife and 11 month old, whose indoctrination has been scheduled on the 8th. Poor bugger gets to see Swindon, too.

However, with Shaw (and Oldham) not being all roses, sunshine, bright lights, was wondering if any posters on here could either:

Recommend baby-friendly things to do within striking distance of the town,

OR

A one week (British or foreign) baby-friendly getaway.

Cheers in advance for any input.

KC

Science and Industry Museum. Free entry, has an "interactive" section for the nippers and it's never too early to get them into science! :D

http://www.mosi.org.uk/

Not sure if this is quite the thing you are looking for but my sister in law and family have just had a week at Centreparks in the Lake District with their 6 or 7 month old baby and thoroughly enjoyed it. Seems to cater well for the little 'uns.

On 11th August we play Carlisle in the Cola cup so you would be in the area to get to that too.

Centerparcs can appear expensive but is a very good place to go with very good accomodation.

Alan Hardy will let your young one work in the Club shop or Ticket office :wink:

I'm sure there is a place called Jungle Gyms in Shaw which is great for Kids

Your best bet would Send a PM to Lisa by clicking here, Lisa will also help you sign the wee one on to Boundary blues also :wink:

Getting the kid out of there again is another matter! You set 'em up, I'll knock 'em in.