Rocket Ronny Jepson

Yeah that just shows how much the club has declined. Back then we could find gems for peanuts, recently we've been paying silly money for poor players like Carlo for half a mil and Steve Whitehall for 750k. That money could have been better used.

(and £2.75 million for Phil Starbuck)

Palmer was signed for £70,000 to replace fans favourite Simon Stainrod whose sale helped to fund Palmers' incoming transfer.Nothing like the fee being quoted by our resident decline-monger.

Don't forget the club record £975,000 for Kenny Clements either, and the half million for Ryzcard Kowenicki.

(and £2.75 million for Phil Starbuck)

That explains it. I had it in mind that we paid 275 magic beans for him. Now I know the truth I understand why nobody joined in with, "One Phil Starbuck," at a nameless away game this season. Everyone else was working on goals per pound whereas I was just thinking of the glory.

,,,,,,It was due to Andy's goalscoring record that we achieved so much, the only down point was that big Joe was about to bring Andy on in the Littlewoods Cup Final against Nottingham Forest, Joe for whatever daft reason changed his mind, left Andy wandering up and down the touchline, the rest is history and if you don't know what happened!.....within a matter of seconds that Mark Hughes sod scored an equaliser and we lost the replay and could have won the cup at first attempt.

Can't believe you've been let to get away with this nonsense so lightly, only one other mention. Had you been on the pop.